Thread: Willow Creek Takeout

Default Willow Creek Takeout

I am going to be floating Willow creek this weekend from the hwy to the mouth. I have seen the little slough that people row up to get back to the campground? Is this the only takeout or am I missing something. Is this the best take out? Any help would be great. Thanks in advance

KLICKMAN

search the rafting board. same message posted a few weeks ago. google earth maps and good description was in that thread.

Default to the best of my knowledge

that is the only pull out at the Willow State Rec area. I think the next pull out would be down river at Deshka Landing.
    Gary

Thanks guys for the help. I'll let ya know how it goes.

Klickman

Default 2nd takeout

There is another takeout downriver, that involves no rowing, but its more technical. If you take a left at the day use parking, the takeout is at the end of that road. There are two spots- a little eddy right in front of a downed tree, and a side slough just downstream of the tree. I prefer getting in in front of the tree- just don't step into the water- its a sheer bank, and make sure you're hugging the bank- don't want to end up in the tree, as the water's cooking. Getting into the slough can be work as you have to pass the tree first, then row like heck to get back into the slough. There will then be about a 100 yard walk to the parking area. First spot its less than a 100 foot walk. Both spots necessitate pulling the raft up a steep bank first, then getting it to the car.

Thanks guys for the info. We ended up taking out at the su just above the tree that sticks out. We floated from sat afternoon through sun morning. great float the fishing was ok. We got a few rainbows and some grayling. Sorry no pics my camera battery was dead. We didn't see any sign of a king either.

On another note there was a jet boater that got stuck in the little log jam about a mile down from the parks hwy bridge. After they got it out the log jam closed in quite a bit. It is pretty skinny getting through it.

Klickman

When we were wade fishing around the parks hwy bridge. We saw a small pike. There are a couple small ponds/sloughs there and in one of them I saw a 4" - 5" pike. Sad day.