Thread: Oyster side dish

Question Oyster side dish

We're having oysters for dinner tonight at my brother's house, and he has asked us to bring a side dish that goes well with oysters. Well, the best I can come up with is...

I've never been much of an oyster eater, but I'm up for trying. I have NO idea what goes well with them, though. Any ideas?

Beer. I prefer Redhook IPA with oysters. If you're limiting yourself to solid food? A rice dish or risotto works well.

Fresh oysters tossed on a barbeque just long enough to steam the shells open are fantastic.

Oh, beer is there without question. It's the solid food that I'm questioning.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Cheese grits go great with oysters. If you don't have grits polenta works too.
    It ain't about the # of pounds of meat we bring back, nor about how much we spent to go do it. Its about seeing what no one else sees.

http://wouldieatitagainfoodblog.blogspot.com/

i still have about 10 dozen on the boat.... a little pike's market horseradish sauce goes with oysters
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

oh man horsey radish, some dark beer, and a stiff Bri cheese to melt and dip with stiff bread. ... i personally perfer a honey bread with a HEAVY crust... smeared in thick BRI and baked lightly till melted.. i have also had the bri baked and bread toasted....
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here