Thread: Just made a bench...

Default Just made a bench...

Using this guys method with folding table legs...HOUGH! Can't wait to use it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMIWF...e=channel_page

Quote Originally Posted by gogoalie View Post
    Using this guys method with folding table legs...HOUGH! Can't wait to use it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMIWF...e=channel_page
    Can't U tube Please post photo's

Default Sure can...

I'll tell ya a lil' 'bout it as well...I used foldable banquet table legs that you can buy from Home Depot or Lowes...I got 2 pair from eBay...& I bought a 3/4" sheet of Plywood, & cut off 2'...

Then I cut off 3" as per the instructions, & center the legs on the plywood, & screw in 8 screws that come with the legs ensuring squareness. I then, with the table upside down still, cut out my "shooters notch" a 12"x18"x20" cut on the right side of the table (fliped over it becomes the right handed "shooters notch")...in the video it called for 14"x18"x20" but I had to give 2" for the legs.

I then screwed in the legs for the second set. & then drew a hand width mesurement about 2-3" from the left hand side of the table, near the middle, for a handle. I then used a 1" hole drill bit, & cut two holes, then used a sawsall (no jig here, if I had a jigsaw I would have used that instead) to cut out the holes to make the handle.

I also had to reinforce the bottom of the table, lenghtwise, with the 3" leftover plywood, & some scrap plywood, as it would be too easy for it to break in half with the slightest pressure.

I then filed the sharp edges & rounded the corners with my saws all. & filed the carrying hole as well. I will varnish this as well, & post pics when done...

Thank you...

Sounds pretty good. Once you get it up and running, see how it works.

I made one out of two sheets of 3/4" glued together, with some pipe coupling welded onto 4" square, 1/4" thick plates bolted to the table. I used 1.5" diameter black pipe. Significantly heavier! I want to see how yours works, maybe I'll have to ditch mine...
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

this is a bench that i built....it is really strong, stable and still portable. the three legs are better than four as they won't shift at all on various terrain.

i found the plans online under "portable shooting bench".
    happy trails.
    jh

Default 'ere's a pic of mines...

Thanks for the photo gogoalie and the idea!

I've got an old folding table out in the shed. Its a tad bit warped but the legs are good yet. I knew that I kept it around for a reason. I even got a 4x6 piece of 3/4" cdx sitting next to it.

I've been shooting off of the hood for to long anyway!

Default Now all you need are some...

Power tools! Orr argh argh!