Thread: Float tubing

Default Float tubing

Any suggestions on float tube fishing in the valley? I'd like to catch some grayling, but would be happy catching anything. Looking for lakes and access, thanks.

Canoe Lake in the Kepler-Bradley complex near the Palmer Wasilla cutoff used to have a pretty good population of nice sized grayling. Haven't been there in a few years though. Any more recent info from anybody? Good luck.

Default grayling and rainbows

There are lots of small rainbows and grayling in Canoe these days. Small nymphs like chironomids work well on both, once you locate some fish. Smallish leeches might help you find some bigger fish, both rainbows and grayling. I was out there one day about this time of year last year and probably caught 50 to 70 fish. . . Largest was a rainbow of maybe 15". Good luck!

Default lt. spinning

Just to let you know, I'll be using light spinning gear. Is there certain rules about single hook or treble? Thanks.

Alaska fishing regs are famously complicated. Some bodies of water have very specific requirements such as catch and release. Best to check the regs yourself as a single answer will not blanket cover every location you may drop a line. Good luck and be sure to post on your results.

I try to only go w/ single hook setups on the local lakes unless I am planning on keeping a bunch of lil ones to cook up for the kids. Even though they are just steril planters I am not interested in killing them needlessly.