Thread: Best Game cam ?

Default Best Game cam ?

Hi, i am in the market for a game camera mainly using it for bow hunting bears.
    but am having a hard time finding one that has it all.
    my spending amount up to $300.

some features that am looking for is

solar and 12v battery compatibility. ( don't whant to constantly change batterys)

no less than 4 mega pixel.

infrared.

digital

good feedback lol.

this would be my first Game cam so i am by no means an expert.

anybody know of a good game camera or maybe brand name ?

also is infrared much better than flash ?

thanks in advance

Default one more

i might also add to the list

video

Quote Originally Posted by ruvimarrow View Post
    Hi, i am in the market for a game camera mainly using it for bow hunting bears.
    but am having a hard time finding one that has it all.
    my spending amount up to $300.

some features that am looking for is

solar and 12v battery compatibility. ( don't whant to constantly change batterys)

no less than 4 mega pixel.

infrared.

digital

good feedback lol.

this would be my first Game cam so i am by no means an expert.

anybody know of a good game camera or maybe brand name ?

also is infrared much better than flash ?

thanks in advance

You might add this post to this thread

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ad.php?t=55775

I was kinda asking the same questions, I also did a google search of trail cameras. From there I found a buyers guide, and it had alot of useful information along with prices. Good luck
    -Caleb-

Default Stealth Cam- Prowler

I have a Stealth Cam Prowler which I picked up, landed in Fairbanks for about $340 2 months ago.

Rather than listing the features you want, pick a price, then figure out that price will get you. If you have a landed price between 200 and 350, I'd say you have plenty of features day and night, plus photo or videos.

I, too, was looking for a camera, looking at the buyers guides, and etc. I ended up with the Stealth cam because Jim Shockey said so. Just recently, he is supporting a newer Stealth cam model, so I am peaved.

There are lots of folks in this forum that are using a Cuddy Back camera, through the day and night. Their pictures appeared to be just fine, thought I expect you can pick from different resolutions day or night. When I was looking to buy, the Cuddy cameras tended to be less expensive.

After I bought my StealthCam, I set it up in the yard to test it out, from late March, through April and into May. I tested different resolutions, and battery life. My focus is to make sure I have enough memory and battery to last 3 weeks. I figured that with moderate activity through out a day/night, 2 Gig card, and 6 C batteries, I do not need external power.

Anyway, I probably left you with more questions than answers, but the focus I think needs to be what you can get for the high limit price.