Thread: Ninilchik River

Default Ninilchik River

Someone told me the fishing has been good down there. Has anyone been there that can give a report. My dad will be in town tomorrow and i am looking for the best place to get him a king. any suggestions will help. I live in anchorage and dont have a boat so i will be bank fishing thank you.

Slow!!!!!!

Default thanks

that is what i thought. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by BN2FSH View Post
    Slow!!!!!!

I'd expect this weekend to be okay down there. We were down there opening morning...dead slow...saw one guy walking up with a fish. As low as the water was, I could see the bottom all the way across the river where we were and I didn't see any fish moving up. We went down again last weekend and saw 6 fish caught while we were down there. Not terribly great for the number of folks fishing, but it was enough to keep you interested and was MUCH better than the week before. The fish definitely moved through in spurts. There'd be no action at all for an hour or two and then within a half hour there'd be two or three caught, then nothing for a while again...etc.

Default Morning

Not sure it needs to be said but saw most fish last weekend early in the morning, meaning around 4:30 to 7am. With the Anchor River being closed starting this weekend, more people will head to Ninilchik or Deep Creek. Deep Creek should be cleaner water than the last two weekends though. All we need now are the fish.

Default I have no idea

With all these bleek reports i dont know where i am going this weekend but i will let you guys know what happens.

go golfing haha