Thread: our last bear...

Default our last bear...

My brother Dan, our buddy Tom and I got this bear last year. I just recently found this site so sorry for a late post. I was visiting and going on a sheep hunt we had an awesome time for two weeks I got the bear bug the year before when Dan and I got our first. Dan was a fun guy to be around I looked forward to going back up the moment I flew home every year. I'll be back up this year but wont be the same without Dan. He passed away a week after I left last year. I hope to make it out for maybe two days of hunting this year. Dan lived in Kasilof.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice bear. Welcome to the forum.

Fairbanks, AK

Welcome to the forum. The picture of the two of you with the mountains as a backdrop gives a great perspective of the landscape you hunted. I'm sorry to hear about your brother. Hopefully the time that the two of you had together last year is remembered fondly. I have two brothers that do not live here in Alaska, and I very much miss time afield with them both. I will get to hunt caribou in the Brooks with the youngest this year. It is always good to be reminded of the brevity of our time on earth, and the importance of how we invest our time with the ones we love. Thank you for sharing.

Anchorage, Alaska

Nice looking bear and sorry to hear about the loss of your friend.