Thread: First bow kill

Default First bow kill

Got my first bow kill last nite. I had a real little guy on the bait when I walked in he spooked up a tree and and began to bawl and moan like a kid throwing a temper tantrum. I got in my tree and got situated as the little guy came down he came to the bait and then spooked back up the tree. About 20 minuites later he came back down and laid at the base of the tree with his chin on his front paws just watchin me and rolling around every now and then it was an awesome thing to watch. About 20 minuites later I see another bear coming and decided I would take him if he gave me a good shot. He came within 4 feet of the little guy and charged him back up the tree, he then walked to the bait and laid down scooping dog food into his mouth. I came to full draw just as he was standing up and waited for him to turn a bit, when he did I let it fly and whacked him. The bear ran 25 yards stopped and turned around to look at me as he did his head started to wobble and then he fell straight backwards about a 1 minuite death moan and he was done.
    Not the biggest bear but I decided this year the first decent one that presented a good bow shot I would take. I think im more proud of this one than I am the 6'9 I took last year with my rifle.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Congrats

Nice job on your first bear with a bow! Watching the little guy do his antics until the bigger one showed up sounds like it was fun too. Glad that your hard work and patience paid off!

Nice job. Thanks for the story and pics.

Great job and nice clean shot. It must have been fun watching the antics of that smaller bear while waiting on a larger one to come in.

I see a bare bones recurve or long bow in your future,congrats

Congrats!! The first kill with a bow is a great one!

Congrats! I have a new appreciation and envy for the bow hunters out there. You are able to get so close to the bear. Definetly something to be proud of!!