Thread: Exit Glacier near Seward?

Hey! If I look thru this empty beer bottle, I think I can see Russia from here!!!

Default Exit Glacier near Seward?

Can you camp and ride ATV's in the river valley there? and if so, how is the acces? can you get a fairly big rig in there?
    “You’ve gotten soft. You’re like one of those police dogs who’s released in to the wild and gets eaten by a deer or something.” Bill McNeal of News Radio

Camp at Exit Glacier-I don't think so.
    ATV around Exit Glacer - no

By and large, there are very few places you can ride an ATV on the Kenai besides along a road or on private land. About the only places are on the beaches along the western portion, and then the Caribou Hills northeast of Homer.

If you're looking to ATV, the greatest concentration of trails is along the Glenn Highway.

I just camped there on Fri. There is a public campground and also a bunch of areas along both sides of the road before you get to the public grounds that are great. Now that I think of it though you might be able to get a good sized rig in there but I think it was mostly tents. Hope this helped. I also did see a couple of quads running the road not sure if they were bear hunters or what. It does look like an awesome place to explore

http://www.nps.gov/kefj/planyourvisit/exit-glacier.htm

that link is to Kenai Fjords National Park' s Exit Glacier info pages. The park starts roughly at the bridge over the Resurrection River. Camping at the park's 12-site campground is free. We still have a lot of summer to enjoy, but the web site also has info on snowmachine access in the winter and a winter public use cabin that makes a nice destination.

Hey! If I look thru this empty beer bottle, I think I can see Russia from here!!!

thanks for the info guys!
    “You’ve gotten soft. You’re like one of those police dogs who’s released in to the wild and gets eaten by a deer or something.” Bill McNeal of News Radio

You can ride in the Resurrection River bed off of Exit Glacier Road but not around the glacier or the Forest Service trails