Thread: Fish wheel designs

Default Fish wheel designs

Any one know of how to make a economical fish wheel, I would like to build one and give it a try. I would like to try something new and catch some of those tasty copper river reds..

http://rapidsresearch.com/html/fishwheels.html Try here, Don,t know how economical they are!! A lot of work,The cost to make, set up, travel to it, to check it,so forth. If you could go in with others,to split it up. Just a thought.
    Last edited by SusitnaAk; 06-02-2009 at 17:33. Reason: more

Before you go investing in building a wheel, make sure you can find a place to put it. Fishwheel sites are at a premium and extremely hard to just "find." You pretty much have to have excellent connections to get a share, or inherit it.

Default Cost

Quote Originally Posted by SusitnaAk View Post
    http://rapidsresearch.com/html/fishwheels.html Try here, Don,t know how economical they are!! A lot of work,The cost to make, set up, travel to it, to check it,so forth. If you could go in with others,to split it up. Just a thought.
    Building a Fish Wheel is Allot of work From Experience and takes time and money but is worth it in the long run, In saying that I need some advice we have a wheel that was runned over by Crowley (Barge Company) and they dont want to take care of it What can or should I do?

Quote Originally Posted by Stony River View Post
    In saying that I need some advice we have a wheel that was runned over by Crowley (Barge Company) and they dont want to take care of it What can or should I do?
    I don't know the exact protocol for placarding a fish wheel, is there a day shape required, or light at night? I'm not sure but if you had a day shape of 2 cones apex to apex (2 funnels taped together) that signifies fishing gear in the water and a power boat hits it, they are responsible. If the vessel was towing something and restricted in its ability to maneuver the fishermen has to move, I'm not sure about fixed or anchored gear though, maybe a setnetter can shed some light

I'm taking a poll
    <--------click this star if you think I should run for Gov