Thread: Thought I would share

Default Thought I would share

One of the best things that has happened in a long time and I thought I would share it with the members here.

Congratulation....... Well Done.

Nice! Congradulations!

Man, that was some prop wash.

Where at? Looks a lot nicer than the beaters I learned in.

Default Jacksonville nc

is where I'm learning. It is a very nice plane. It's a 2006 Cessna 172 G1000 so it can be a little challanging. Things got a little exciting on my last trip in the pattern after the first 2. There was another pilot that entered the pattern on a super low and very distant base leg and didn't make any calls on the CTAF or he was on the wrong freq, not sure what the deal was, and just can out of no where My instructor thought that it was me for a minute and was wondering what the heck I was doing. I can't wait for things to progress. Thanks to all for the vote of confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by tboehm View Post
    is where I'm learning. It is a very nice plane. It's a 2006 Cessna 172 G1000 so it can be a little challanging. Things got a little exciting on my last trip in the pattern after the first 2. There was another pilot that entered the pattern on a super low and very distant base leg and didn't make any calls on the CTAF or he was on the wrong freq, not sure what the deal was, and just can out of no where My instructor thought that it was me for a minute and was wondering what the heck I was doing. I can't wait for things to progress. Thanks to all for the vote of confidence.
    Well that was informative. Are you at a strip with a tower?

Default Good for you!

Congratulations on your first solo. It is a confidence booster. You know you know how to do it now. I am starting my cross country solos. It is more enjoyable than my first solo, but at the same time cross country solo just does not compare to as a benchmark to my first time going up alone. I can see forgetting a lot of my first cross country solo. I will always remember everything about my first time flying alone.
    Patrick

Thumbs up

Good job and congratulations!!

Quote Originally Posted by jim in anchorage View Post
    Well that was informative. Are you at a strip with a tower?
    No there isn't a tower.

Default Congrats, Tom!

That's quite a milestone, Tom! Congratulations. You know, if you buy the plane and move to Alaska, I'd be happy to ride around with you just to make sure you know what you're doing... as long as we had a raft aboard and a couple weeks worth of food and hunting gear...

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay