Thread: Whittier West Launch Ramp

Default Whittier West Launch Ramp

For those of you that are concerned that the West Ramp is going away, that will not happen in the near future. It could even be a couple of years. Just remember when launching frow Whittier's West Ramp that it is a mid to high tide, get a visual on that last concret slab. Make sure where the concret ends, it is a major drop off and can damage a trailer. If you can not launch without keeping tires on the concret slab do not try it. Be smart, be safe. Happy Boating

It was nice to see that the kayakers were still using that ramp rather than tying up things at the new one. I as well as many others hope the old one doesn't dissappear and this sort of thing continues. There can be peace

Quote Originally Posted by AKBighorn View Post
    It was nice to see that the kayakers were still using that ramp rather than tying up things at the new one.
    I wish that were true...On Monday I had to wait 10min on the east ramp for a couple of 'em before pulling out...just taking their sweet time pulling stuff out of their kayaks.

It'd be nice if they posted a sign somewhere saying that kayakers can only launch on the west ramp.

Question: Do they have to pay a launch fee if using the ramps?

Quote Originally Posted by Cruiser View Post
    I wish that were true...On Monday I had to wait 10min on the east ramp for a couple of 'em before pulling out...just taking their sweet time pulling stuff out of their kayaks.

It'd be nice if they posted a sign somewhere saying that kayakers can only launch on the west ramp.

Question: Do they have to pay a launch fee if using the ramps?
    10 min is nothing. I couldn't get back to my slip because some trailer boaters blocked the harbor fairways as they waited. Yakers pay too.