Thread: Jim Creek Salmon yet?

Default Jim Creek Salmon yet?

Any one gone out that way to see if there are any coming in? I had heard that Deshka and Little Su are starting to see some numbers, low, but there... thought about ambling out that way and seeing what I could see...

Question Kings or Silvers?

I think you may have Jim Creek confused with the Eklutna Tailrace. There have been a couple Kings showing up at the Tailrace, but no real numbers yet. Jim Creek has Silvers and a few Reds, but no Kings. Silver fishing at Jim Creek usually starts about the middle of July and runs until Late Sept./Early Oct.

Quote Originally Posted by frydaddy View Post
    I think you may have Jim Creek confused with the Eklutna Tailrace. There have been a couple Kings showing up at the Tailrace, but no real numbers yet. Jim Creek has Silvers and a few Reds, but no Kings. Silver fishing at Jim Creek usually starts about the middle of July and runs until Late Sept./Early Oct.
    awww... last year was our first year out there, and we caught the tail end of silvers... wasn't sure about kings... thanks!

Default Jim Creek

Salmon Man and I heard a there where reds showing at Jim early this year. so after looking for kings in the little sue and not finding one we stopped by . When we got out of the car we saw a big wake going up stream. We throught man there are some salmon. Salmon man put on his Polarized lenses and looked out and to his surprise he said there’re is not one fish over 2 inches. I walked along the shore and shure enough there must have been a million little fish. As we investigated we found they where stickle back. (I found one and flipped it out of the water) We drove up to where the trees meet the san and there was a continues school of stickle back. Who would have thought a stickle back migration!!!!!!