Thread: Need some hepl

Default Need some hepl

Hello here,

so how is the fishing in great land ALASKA?? I am back home (Czech Rep.) right know, bu I'll be going to Alaska for 12 - 14 day in late July. I'll arrive in Anchorage in July 21st. This is my 2nd time up there. Last year was great for me and my fionce. This year I'll be there with my fishing friends, so we will fish a lot. Last year I fished the Montana Cr, Willow Cr, Russian River and Quartz Cr and the fishing was very very good in all rivers. This year I want to fish "again" the road system and I lookin for some addvice from you guys. We wanna fish for some nice Bows and Dollys and for sure Salmon. I do know its not good time for Silvers right? But we can drive and we can hike and stay overnight. We will be camping around the road system. So the question is where we should go? Any addvice will be very appriciate it.

The fishing in Czech is o.k but not big fish like you have in Alaska. But we do have some nice Grayling and Pike fishing, also Brown trout are good. This week I going to Poland at the San River and I'll be guiding there for 10 days and this river have nice and big fish with the queen in the river the Taimen.

So thank you for any info you can give me.
    Thanks Zee.

Default Need Hepl???

There is a book in the forum store that should be of great hepl to you

http://www.outdoorsdirectory.com/sto...roducts_id=306

The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

[QUOTE=danattherock;506273]There is a book in the forum store that should be of great hepl to you

http://www.outdoorsdirectory.com/sto...roducts_id=306

Hi and thank you for the info of this book but I have this book Flyfisher's Guide to Alaska by Scott Haugen
    and I have to say this book is very good and last year I was preparing my trip just with this book and I did great. But I looking for some local info I know the book will give me good info, but local info is always better:-]]]
    Thanks Zee.

Czech,

I only exchange information with those who know how to make
    authentic *Kolaches* Just teasing!

If you do not mind, may I ask if the Wels Catfish swimming in your part of Europe? These freshwater fish can grow to over 46kg/100 lbs and under very favorable conditions to 136kg/300 lbs.

Default Wels catfish...

Big fish

The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Quote Originally Posted by Crab_n_fish View Post
    Czech,

I only exchange information with those who know how to make
    authentic *Kolaches* Just teasing!

If you do not mind, may I ask if the Wels Catfish swimming in your part of Europe? These freshwater fish can grow to over 46kg/100 lbs and under very favorable conditions to 136kg/300 lbs.

Hi I dont know what kind of Catfish we have here, but I know they can be over 2meter long and weight over 100kg.

Do you mean "KOLACE"?......I know how to make them:-]]]. So can you give me some info......or everthink is secret....

Thanks Zee.

So I guees I can't get any info here hmm....
    Thanks anyway.

Zee

You think he noodled that thing up?!

Quote Originally Posted by danattherock View Post
    Big fish

The 3rd week of july silvers should be starting to show up in the Little Susitna down by Burma Landing. Chums should be in good also. Not too good for dollies&'bows there though.

Default Montana Cr, Willow Cr, Russian River and Quartz Cr

I haven't fished Montana or Willow much, but would like to comment. In-between salmon runs, the streams will likely be less-crowded. I doubt you'll be alone on any of these waters though.

Montana and Willow offer easy road access and should be well worth exploring. You have an excellent resource in Scott Haugen's book. With friends, you could divide and conquer, working up and downsteam one day, then adjusting the plan for the next day.

Eggs and flesh patterns work most anywhere. I always fish leech patterns, favoring black/purple/olive- and try nymphs too. Sometimes fish are looking for something different IMO. Sometimes, adding a sink-tip seems to work better than split shot, for me anyway.

Sounds like a good adventure you and your friends are planning.
    Best of luck.