Thread: Did I just make a mistake?

Default Did I just make a mistake?

I just ordered a couple of pounds of powder online. Now, I never bought powder online and most of the sites I went to indicated they could not ship to Alaska.. (Powder) so, I am all excited after finding this site that will ship to Alaska and I order a bunch of powder.. So, I am sitting here wondering how it is that they can ship to Alaska supposedly via USPS Priority mail when all the other sites I looked at could or would not.. Has one else ordererd powder online? I am new to reloading so if this is a stupid question well.. get ready because I have a lot more coming..

Oh, and we have to vote the idiot out of the Whitehouse!

I have a question for you, where did you order from?

Sinclair International...

http://www.sinclairintl.com/

Sorry, should have included that in the original post..

Hazmat can't go in the US Mail/USPS but can go by UPS air is the shipper has the correct contract in place with UPS. Most donít have the contract and those I have found that do have a substantial fee for this service. I have never done business with that outfit but I would bet you get a phone call and refund when they try to ship it.

The best way to do it is a large order, 40 pounds or more, and ship it by freight forwarder from Washington to Alaska by barge or truck.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by ADfields View Post
    Hazmat can't go in the US Mail/USPS but can go by UPS air is the shipper has the correct contract in place with UPS. Most donít have the contract and those I have found that do have a substantial fee for this service. I have never done business with that outfit but I would bet you get a phone call and refund when they try to ship it.

The best way to do it is a large order, 40 pounds or more, and ship it by freight forwarder from Washington to Alaska by barge or truck.
    I would bet your right and thanks for the info! I thought it was a little fishy a little to late.. One would think they would set their website up to stop Alaskan powder orders but I guess not!

Sinclair International is a very well know company supplying primarily bench rest shooters. The last time I reviewed one of their catalogs I do recall that one could order powder and as I recall there was a note regarding the addition of a hazmat charge for powder and for primers (only in separate shipments)......Just checked their web site: about $23 for a pound of H1000 ... PLUS a hazmat charge of $22. Another way to look at it is about $45 a pound....if what you want is carried AND in stock. dvarmit: you may get your powder after all...but it is going to be a bit spendy.

Quote Originally Posted by dvarmit View Post
    ..............Oh, and we have to vote the idiot out of the Whitehouse!
    Out of the white house, and the senate, and the congress etc etc etc......................

Sinclair was recently bought by Brownells. Sinclair had high integrety and Brownells did and does have it. It may not go as you planned but I would expect you won't lose anything but time. J.

Got the email this morning... we are sorry but we can't ship to Alaska.. I just wasn't thinking..

Quote Originally Posted by Hope and Change my * View Post
    Out of the white house, and the senate, and the congress etc etc etc......................
    Got that right.. just saw this today.. It will all come out sooner or later.. let's all hope sooner..

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpu...ould-have.html

stimpy

Quote Originally Posted by ADfields View Post
    Does anybody have the name of a freight forwarder who has done some of this for us Alaskans?

Is it time for a co-op to form among Alaskans to deal with this HazMat scam and order in bulk enough to defray some of the exorbitant additional costs?

Quote Originally Posted by stimpy View Post
    Does anybody have the name of a freight forwarder who has done some of this for us Alaskans?

Is it time for a co-op to form among Alaskans to deal with this HazMat scam and order in bulk enough to defray some of the exorbitant additional costs?
    I know suggestions like these are good ideas and but, unfortunatly, they seldom come to light but, I would be happy to join up with a group of guys to make a major purchase. I am new to reloading and am looking at the magnum pistol loads. If someone has a good contact and does want to get a group together let me know because I am certainly in. Heck, I can't even find primers and casings..

http://www.bigfootlgminc.com/
    1-866-460-0155

The very best prices.
    Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence. Albert Einstein

Better living through chemistry (I'm a chemist)

You can piddle with the puppies, or run with the wolves...

Quote Originally Posted by stimpy View Post

I have used Lynden Transportation for all 3 group orders I have done. Up to 50 pounds of powder (powder weight not package weight) is about $150 from Lyndenís Fife WA. terminal to their Anchorage terminal if they have hazmat room on the barge, or about $220 if it must come by truck. http://www.lynden.com/ltia/

There is also TOTE and Span Alaska but Lynden is the only one I have used.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

I know suggestions like these are good ideas and but, unfortunatly, they seldom come to light but, I would be happy to join up with a group of guys to make a major purchase. I am new to reloading and am looking at the magnum pistol loads. If someone has a good contact and does want to get a group together let me know because I am certainly in. Heck, I can't even find primers and casings..
    It has come to light several times so far on this forum and will again, all it takes is someone to take the lead and put it together. If you want to do it send me an email address and I will send you my "how to" sheet I made from doing it myself 3 times. The Fairbanks guys even have an Excel spread sheet they made to help keep it all straight.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

stimpy

Thanks for those freight forwarding tips, guys. I even have specialized paint I've been having difficulty getting shipped up here.

Got the email this morning... we are sorry but we can't ship to Alaska.. I just wasn't thinking..
    My favorite response from a supplier was "Sorry, we don't ship to Alaska. We only ship to the United States." I asked them if they accepted seal skins in payment, and they said "Maybe ...how much are they worth?" Glad they had a sense of humor ...sad they didn't ship to Alaska.

Brian