Thread: Hooligan in the Knik?

Default Hooligan in the Knik?

Anyone ever tried?

I figure since 20 mile is such a popular spot for the little fish maybe Knik holds some too? The Big Su obviously gets a huge run so why wouldn't Knik....
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

I have never seen a hooligan on the shores or in the shallows at the Knik River. That doesn't mean they are not there though. You're more than welcome to jump in the airboat and we'll give it a shot.

Since it's so close I've run a net through a couple spot over the last few years , never had any luck. But its not a bad way to spend a few hours waiting on the kings. Alex

In 96 or 97 we saw a guy on shore on the inside of the big sweeping corner going from the landing down to the mouth of the deska. He put a regular king landing net in the fast watter then and within 10 seconds had completely filled the net so full with hooligan he couldnt get it out of the water without loosing a few. never tried it myself and i dont know if he was just messing around or was dipping there intentionally but thats ALOT of fish.
    Justin