Thread: Family Fish gear lost/stolen....

Default Family Fish gear lost/stolen....

Just want to put something out there to the people responsable for the dissappearance of ALL my family's fishing gear. I run a bait station for black bear near the East Fork Chilitna River and sometime between 10:00am and 6:30pm on Fri the 29th, someone picked up 4 fishing poles, my tackle box, frame pack, and a knife that I had leaning against some alders along the bank of the river. My stand is 1/2 a mile away and on our way to our evening hunt at 6:30, my daughter and I seen where someone picked up our gear. I have been hunting the area for OVER 15 years and had never seen a sole all though it is a popular place in the summer time for fishing. I left the gear so me and my family can fish durring the slow times of hunting. I realize that I should have "hid" the gear a little better but I have never had problems in the past and also we are constantly hiking back and forth several times a day past the river to get back to camp from my stand. I could see thru the trees that a red pick up pulled into the gravel pit that morning and heard people talking but I paid no attention. They also could see us and our fire so I doubt that someone "found" my gear as no one came asking us about it. Anyway I would just like to ask anyone that "found" some gear, that it belongs to me, my wife and 2 young girls. It is all the fish gear that I had and now have to replace along with explaining to my nine year old about dis honest people and also having to admit to her that I should have done a better job at protecting our stuff. Thanks for reading...

Default Sorry to hear that.

Seems like an awful lot of theiving going on lately. Hope you recover your gear Steve.

Default I can help a little

Ive got a couple "spare" ABU4600's. My grandkids love them, thumb bar, narrower frame which makes it torque free for a little kid etc! We spool em with 17lb and they work great for little folks. Same guts as the 5600 & 6500 just a narrow frame.This is a new in the box reel by the way.Anyway, Ill donate one for the 9 year old, P.M me if you are interested!
    Mike

Default stolen gear

Pm me and let me know what you need plus a shipping address. I'll do what I can. God bless.

Pm me what you still need.
    Rich
    (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( (((((((((
    Rich Adventures
    PWS is my office. Can't get better than that.

I cache stuff all the time when I'm out. Usually though I try to hide it a bit. Some stuff is to big though. Especially a sled while hunting. Boy, do I hate thieves. Its getting to be you can't trust anyone.

*******s....

I have a rack of fishing poles. Most are spincasting. Let me know what you need. I only use 4 out of the 15+ so you are welcome to some. I can also backfill you on lures at the lake.

Mike

Steve, I'm so sorry to hear about your lifted gear. Maybe a few strategically placed 330's on the ground would curtail the culprits. I wonder if stepping sticks would help foot placement.

i have some nice diawa ss spinning reels that i no longer use...pm me and they are yours........thieves make good lingcod bait...........
    BONEYARDBAITS THE BEST HALIBUT, ROCKFISH GRUBS ON THE PLANET....''06'' WORLD RECORD LINGCOD ''08'' HOMER HALIBUT DERBY WINNER''. BOTH FISH CAUGHT WITH BONEYARDBAIT GRUBS WWW.BONEYARDBAITS.COM

Steve that sucks and I wish you the best of luck recovering your gear. Good luck bear hunting as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Water_Gremlin View Post
    Steve, I'm so sorry to hear about your lifted gear. Maybe a few strategically placed 330's on the ground would curtail the culprits. I wonder if stepping sticks would help foot placement.
    How 'bout a nice hole filled with punji stix?

WOW! Just checked in and I wish there were more folks out in the field like all of you and I. Thanks so much for the offers guys but the gear taken was all my light tackle that I now only use only once a year. I lost 2 Zebco's, a small Walmart special, MY custom made Loomis by a special friend, a frame pack, and flat tackle box choked full of my favorite flies and spinners. I figure at least $400.00 worth total. You guys are great and thanks again for the offers. I was just hoping there was a slight chance that the persons responsible would catch this and do the right thing...Oh by the way little Kara had a chance at her first blackie that night but it was only a five footer and she chose to pass. She tells me she wants a "big" one,lol. Going for another try tomorrow night!

Dirt- All my stufff for the "big" fish are hopefully safe up at the cabin. The ice went out Friday and I'll be up this weekend!

----and here I was trying to trick you into showing up to set a beam......

Let me know, I have ALOT of small spinning tackle that has been unused for a couple years.

I had a canoe stolen from Watson lake on the kenai a few years back that was stashed and chained to a tree. When I called the wildlife refuge cops about it they said they didn't take it but if I found it to let them know because it would have been out there too long without someone on site and I would have to pay a fine. I sure miss that beat up old camo painted scanoe.

I have some light stuff as well. Let me know if I can help. I am in ER also.