View Poll Results: Which Zone Did You Apply For? (you can check more than one)

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • DM406

10 18.18%
  • DM407

22 40.00%
  • DM410

19 34.55%
  • Other

31 56.36%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: What Cow Zone Did You Apply For?

Default What Cow Zone Did You Apply For?

Just a little survey to see if my zones are riddled with more or less folks than last year.
    "He who is slow to anger is better than the mighty, and he who rules his spirit is better than he who takes a city." ~ Proverbs 16:32

None of those. I apply for archery tags, but my wife and nephew put in for other Mat-Su cow permits - 403 and 408, to be specific.

Actually, on second thought...410 is Knik River, right? If so, then yeah, my wife put in for that one as well. Nothing on my end for 406 or 407, though.

How many years have you lived in Wasilla Rob? Moved here in 78' so I'm thinking that maybe 'YOU' are riddleing 'MY' hunting grounds, lol.

P.S. DM 407

Default Here we go...

Quote Originally Posted by AKDSLDOG View Post
    How many years have you lived in Wasilla Rob? Moved here in 78' so I'm thinking that maybe 'YOU' are riddleing 'MY' hunting grounds, lol.

P.S. DM 407
    Alright mister.... these units ain't big enough for the both of us...

You are right, I've only been here for about 5 years; let's get together and throw bullets at a cow if we get a permit, deal?
    "He who is slow to anger is better than the mighty, and he who rules his spirit is better than he who takes a city." ~ Proverbs 16:32

402, 408, 410

None of the above..DM400 for myself and the kids.. DM412 and DM792 for the kids.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Default Brian's competition...

if he put in for the bases.

Quote Originally Posted by Back Country Robb View Post
    Alright mister.... these units ain't big enough for the both of us...

You are right, I've only been here for about 5 years; let's get together and throw bullets at a cow if we get a permit, deal?
    Hmmmmm, now I am sensing a cold beer headed my way if you draw? Trying to get info from me eh'? hmmm...... LOL.... If you do grab a cow tag give me a shout here and I could help ya on a few places if you need be.

i put in for DM 412 over here last resort for getting a moose.

Quote Originally Posted by alaskankid13 View Post
    i put in for DM 412 over here last resort for getting a moose.
    Did you put in for the Delta youth hunt as well? I helped my nephew put in for permits, and 412 was his second choice, with the Delta hunt being the first. Exclusive hunt dates and areas, plus the opportunity to harvest a bull or a cow...pretty sweet deal if you can win one. That being said, 412 sure would be convenient. Good luck to you!

Default Yup

Quote Originally Posted by AKDSLDOG View Post
    Hmmmmm, now I am sensing a cold beer headed my way if you draw? Trying to get info from me eh'? hmmm...... LOL.... If you do grab a cow tag give me a shout here and I could help ya on a few places if you need be.
    A cold few would do just fine. I've got plenty of area on my own but if you're offering a few new ones I'm not going to argue.

no i didn't put in for the Delta youth hunt. It's to far away with school starting the 19th of august and me starting high school next year i guess it would just be to time consuming. Went last year and missed a week of school and that kinda messed everything up plus my dad works saturdays so its rough trying to get out moose hunting. I'll keep trying and keep looking for help on getting a moose. I got the DM412 permit the first year it came out (2 years ago)...saw about 10-15 moose but mostly just glimpses and when we did find one that was a perfect shot there was a private property sign right there so no go..very dissapointing. went hunting last year in the canoe off the denali hwy. saw one little bull way up in the mountains, but was able to call in about 3 other bulls really close to the road biggest one had 3 brow tines so close, but so far. I'll keep trying till I get one