Thread: Crow Pass Conditions

Default Crow Pass Conditions

Anyone been up to the pass from the Girdwood side lately?

I'm looking for a trail report.

Thanks

Default snow

I have not been there yet this year. Likely will in a few weeks though. Usually around late June there's still a fair amount of snow (foot or two) still in the pass itself and on part of the trail down to Raven creek on the back side. Pretty good coat of FRESH snow in the Hatcher's Pass area and all along the Talkeetna's according to the view from here in the valley, but it looks like the north side of Chugach Park did not get hit near as hard. Could be completely different on the South end.

I may know you. I used to hang out with an Illiya... and a Burke, and a Bode, and a...

Can't be too many Illiyas around here.

-Carnivore (Mitch)
    Everything that lives and moves will be food for you.
    Genesis 9:3

Default Like a highway

Quote Originally Posted by Illiya View Post
    Anyone been up to the pass from the Girdwood side lately?

I'm looking for a trail report.

Thanks
    Hey Illiya,

Came through the pass Thursday - Saturday. The trail up to the top is in great shape. We took the lower trail down by the mine remains and went through a just a little bit of packed snow. If you're looking for info. on the the whole trail through to the Eagle River Visitors Center, the posts from the mountain runners in the Eagle/Symphony Lakes; Crow Pass thread is spot on.

-Mitch
    Everything that lives and moves will be food for you.
    Genesis 9:3

Default Crow Pass never disappoints!!

Crow pass never fails (at least for me) to provide "up close and personal" viewing of black bears. In this instance, I believe a boar and a sow. By the time I took a pic or two and handed off the camera, one had skidaddled, and the other one was in the process. Notice bear spray still attached to shoulder strap. ;-)

Was a very wet cold day, but trail is in great shape. We did not see another person for 23 miles!!

One pic of approaching the pass, another of me saying "quick take a pic before he disappears".
    Attached Images Attached Images