Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Over 200 cuddeback photos

Default Over 200 cuddeback photos

NEW BAIT SITE, 213 PHOTOS IN 5 DAYS!
    DATE IS OFF BY 1 YEAR AND 11 DAYS TIME IS ACTUALLY ABOUT 3 HRS LATER THAN STATED. FIRST PICTURE IS FROM THIS PAST FRIDAY

RING ON BARREL JUST ABOVE HOLE IS 27-30 INCHES FROM GROUND SHOULD BE ABOUT 30 FROM WHERE HE IS STANDING.

BLONDE IS NOT A CUB BUT TAGGED SOW PROBABLY ABOUT 6 FOOTER THE BOAR IS JUST BIG
    RETIRED U.S.A.F. CAPT.; LIFETIME MEMBER NRA; LIFETIME MEMBER ALASKA BOWHUNTER ASSOC.
    MASTER BOWHUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR; MEMBER UNITED BLOOD TRACKERS; POPE & YOUNG MEASURER

Default Nice!

That looks like a nice black bear. When your post first opened I thought I saw something about how high that barrel is, then it disappeared. How high is the feed hole?
    And the photo w/ the 6' sow and other bear, is that a grizzly with her?
    Very nice photo of the black and the lone grizzly.

text is between 3-4 pictures, ring (ridge) just above hole on barrel is 27-30 inches depending what side the bear would be standing.
    i think that is the same brown bear boar in the two pictures.
    figure i had 4 different black bears and the two brown bears in the first 5 days.
    RETIRED U.S.A.F. CAPT.; LIFETIME MEMBER NRA; LIFETIME MEMBER ALASKA BOWHUNTER ASSOC.
    MASTER BOWHUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR; MEMBER UNITED BLOOD TRACKERS; POPE & YOUNG MEASURER

Looks like you found a great spot! Good Luck!

Default picture story

Ok, I see the words now. I was excited about seeing big bears and was focused on the photos, not the words. Kind of like a boy sneaking looks in a Playboy. Not that I would have done that, but heard the articles never got read.
    Looks to me like that black bear won't fit in a wheelbarrow by a long shot. Very cool.

there are stories in playboy wow who would have thought

Default so I've been told

not that I would know about all that first hand mind you. Hey, got any more bear photos? I love you guys with the trailcams. Working on the remodel job is keeping me out of the woods. I get to live a bit when I take a few moments to look at what you post.
    I have not missed but 2 years bear baiting in the last 25. This year makes 3. Bummer for me. Keep the picts and stories coming.

more photos in photobucket under AKNIMROD in my cuddeback album
    here is one 8 minutes before we arrived at bait. bear is lookin and listening right where we beach the boat. looks like a pretty good bear. date wrong- was last friday night about 1030pm " spent 3 hrs getting off gravel bar " enough time to rebait, pull memory card from camera and get back down river before it was too dark.....failed that following night got stuck and spent the night on the river.

this one the bear is looking at us up in the tree stand. date and time correct

Default Nice

Their coats look gorgeous. Nice and shiny and I don't see any rubs. The trail cams really tell a story, don't they? You would never know a bear was there listening without it.
    What's the deal with getting stuck? You a glutton for punishment? I always thought the idea of being in a boat was to keep it in the water?
    So just how much bear hunting can you do from a stuck boat?
    How big do you think the bear is that is looking up at you? How many different bears do you think are coming in? Any sows with new borns? Those are always awesome to watch. I never do mind feeding them a bit just for the show and entertainment value. Nothing quite like having a little fur ball climb a tree right next to you and mommy getting mad at you about it, not at junior.
    Last year we watched a big sow with triplets. This year my buddy is seeing a big sow with 1 year olds. Just might be the same group. He says they are still a hoot to watch.

Awesome shots. Keep 'em coming!

Taylor

-[]------->

9 more posted on photobucket here are a few

shows collar better

got a cigar??? chunk of chocolate

river rat -figure 5-1/2 maybe 6 would guess on low side
    getting boat stuck is real pain but i'm getting to where others could not water level dropping does not help. has probably dropped 5-6 inches in a week. by end of season i might have long walk to get stuff out. winch is fixed may needt to look at a second heavier duty one. and will try to drive better next time. 8-10 foot wide spot with 90 turns cause some puckering.

Default right up my alley

bears, and boats, and rivers and shallows, and tight turns, and pucker factor are all right where I live! I love them all! The getting stuck part I can do without, but I am not willing to not run those places so guess I'll just keep pushing as needed.
    I remember a night in a boat, wrapped in tarps, having to rebuild a stove before I could heat water for soup in the rain and wind. PERFECT!
    ok, more pictures now please? Maybe one of you with your spring bear?

So when are you going to take one of those bears? Season is coming to a close and temperatures are rising. Looks like you have plenty of selection.

I'm at work for 2 weeks now so it will be end of the season before i can return. closes 6-30 there. hopefully i can get my boat in there. if the water continues to drop this old man is going to have to work his butt off to get in and out of there.
    i probably won't even shoot a bear just wanting a really big one. and hides may be terrible by then but years ago i killed a bear near copper center on the 4th of Jul (80+ degree day) and the hair was perfect. one of the bears looks like a possible canidate if he stays around they will clean out the bait before I can return.
    2-1/2 weeks of pictures will be fun.

Default Hey NIM

You want that I should go and check it out for you? Hmm? Promise not to tell a soul where it is. Maybe add a bit of sweets and goodies to the pile?
    Darn it, forgot about that darn remodel. Oh well, was almost sure you'd of said go get er done!
    I can hear my bow hanging out in the garage crying due to extreme lonliness. I can't hardly stand it. Maybe I'll sit up on the garage tonight and just pretend I'm hunting.
    Back to hanging sheetrock.

Nice pictures Pat. Hopefully you can get in there without much work when you head home. Are you running the small boat with the 175 to your site?

JER, 17TH I HEAD HOME YES MY 14 FOOTER.

DARN AK RAT WAS GOING TO TELL WHERE TO FIND IT
    ....BUT AT MY ADVANCED AGE I FORGOT WHERE I PUT IT
    WILL HAVE TO CHECK MY MAP WHEN I GET HOME.
    Last edited by AK NIMROD; 06-05-2009 at 00:04. Reason: MOVE PICTURES AROUND

Default age v age

And at my age I would have forgotten half way there! That is a nice looking boat. Is she fun? Thanks for more photos. It's kind of hard going through withdrawals. This not hunting thing purely stinks.
    3rd year in 25 that I have not made it out. First time was due to an untimely death by my partner. That surely was bad. Just could not get motivated. Second time was cause I was stupid or something. Now this darn bathroom. Wonder if a guy can reach Sainthood status by giving up hunting for a remodel job?
    Ok, more photos when you have time. These are some of the best on the whole forum.

AK RAT-the boat is a blast. pretty fast and very responsive. i considerate it my "old age" crazies corvette. down side it is very heavy but that is why the bottom is "bulletproof" it is built stout. it will do alot more than i can / dare make it do.
    thank you for the compliment on the photos just a decent camera. and active spot.
    alot more in my cuddeback album..... http://s111.photobucket.com/albums/n149/AKNIMROD/

each time i put some on here i download a few others to photobucket will try a download some from previous years ......later

297 more pictures in 2 weeks

got into a fight girl friend or this guy.

think it was this guy....CHECKING HIS BACK
    BROWN BEAR KARATE

BLONDE LOVES THE CAMERA

NO BAIT LEFT BARREL COLLAPSED
    CHECK OUT MORE ON PHOTO BUCKET
    http://s111.photobucket.com/albums/n...ROD/CUDDEBACK/
    Last edited by AK NIMROD; 06-18-2009 at 21:37. Reason: SPACING AND SPELLING

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast