Thread: 20 Mile Launch w/ Hooligan Dippers??

Default 20 Mile Launch w/ Hooligan Dippers??

Can you launch right now with the hooligan dippers out in force? Just wondering if the ramp has been overrun or not.

Default Good luck

with that!

Drove by 20 Mile last night and the parking lot was overflowing with cars. There was no room to get a truck and trailer through the mess to the ramp.

Thumbs down Crazy Stuff

It's like a Wal Mart Blue Light special at 20 mile river. It's really a dangerous situation there.
    We never really grow up, we only learn
    how to act in public

I didn't realize Hooligan was such a demanding species. Guess I should pay more attention next time around that area. I guess i'll do the usual and keep heading south though.

Default Ended yesterday in the salt?

Hooligan season runs untill May 31st in the salt so it might still be a mess in the river untill the 15th, bummer for you boat guys.
    Open season for personal use smelt in salt waters is April 1–May 31. Open season in fresh waters is April 1–June 15. See page 5 for the definitions of “fresh” and “salt” waters
    Last edited by Muskie; 06-01-2009 at 15:44. Reason: added info

Thanks guys.

Cleaner, a couple of years ago I made the mistake of running 20 mile during the peak hooligan run. Early in the morning there was only a motor home in the parking lot but when I idled back to the launch in the afternoon I just about crapped myself. The beach was loaded with people, and the parking lot was about 20 cars beyond it's capacity. No one would move on the shore so I could beach my jon boat, I literally had to bulley my way to the shore. Trash covered the beach all the way to the parking lot. I've had horrible boating troubles before but the rude, pig headed, inconsiderate, can't see beyond their nose SOB's on the beach and in the parking lot was by far one of the worst boating scenarios I have ever experienced. It took forever to find the owners of the vehicle that was blocking launch access, by the time they moved, someone else would pull up and jump out with nets in hand. When I got them to move, and got the trailer in the water, someone else would pull up and block the launch again. I'd politely ask them to move and it wouldn't take 15 seconds before someone else blocked access. This was a horrid nightmare and my blood was boiling. Next time I'll run Placier instead.

early this morning there was red p/u stuck in mud at 20 mile( alittle father down stream than i have every seen anyone launch) attached to small tow truck with a large tow truck in parking lot. was 10 feet or so from water that i figure was coming in....hope they got it out in time.....no trucks with trailers ....1/2 doz cars there.
    RETIRED U.S.A.F. CAPT.; LIFETIME MEMBER NRA; LIFETIME MEMBER ALASKA BOWHUNTER ASSOC.
    MASTER BOWHUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR; MEMBER UNITED BLOOD TRACKERS; POPE & YOUNG MEASURER