Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Last night for Draw Permits!!!

Default Last night for Draw Permits!!!

Everyone!
    It's the last night to put in for your draw permits for your fall hunts. You have 3 more hours as of right now... so if you have forgotten, take the time to go to
    http://www.wildlife.alaska.gov/licen...pring_supp.pdf
    for the spring supplement
    and
    https://www.admin.adfg.state.ak.us/buyonline
    for the Fish and Game site to enter in your information online to get it in my midnight this evening.

What are you drawing for?
    Lurker.

Default 2nd thread

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ad.php?t=55732

I thought we were trying to keep it on the low down, so we can keep the competition down low!! LOL

Good stuff.
    I even looked to see if there were threads that were more recent about this. Maybe I didn't read hard enough.

I'll tell you one thing. Last November, I completely forgot about Draw Permits. I had a whole lot of life stuffs going on (deathin the family... had to go back to Colorado on a last minute visit) so I spaced it and I didn't get to put in for draws.

You have no idea how much that stinks knowing that you were hours away of getting your draw permit in.

That's really the reason why I posted.. and if it's posted 2x.. then great... get your draws in. To each their own, I suppose. Maybe they will share some meat. I shared ours last year.

DI403
    DI454
    DI450

DM733
    DM730
    DM724

DC827

My husband also did the same DI's that I did so hopefully we will be able to get one between the both of ours.
    Honestly... it will be a banner year for me if I get a bison tag and bag one. I'll be a happy hunter.
    Lurker.

Default Leave it to a Cheechako...

to sound the alarm for other Cheechako's to file for permits in the last minutes... :P

Default good sport

CO is a good sport for the reminder, as was Akres. Thanks folks. Me being the great last procrastinator I got my permits in at 11:45pm last night. Labman was worse than me as I had to prod him and then laugh as his fingers flew on a slow computer as the clock wound down. Silly boy! But looks like his choices got in too. Now if he wins and I don't (for the same drawings I opted for) does that mean I should get to go in his stead?
    Oh I feel lucky! Watch out Bison, here I come!

Talking hey!!!!

Bison....i've put in since the mid 80's @ 10.00 a crack..its My turn
    WHEN IN DOUBT> THROTTLE OUT.......

Quote Originally Posted by Ak River Rat View Post
    CO is a good sport for the reminder, as was Akres. Thanks folks. Me being the great last procrastinator I got my permits in at 11:45pm last night. Labman was worse than me as I had to prod him and then laugh as his fingers flew on a slow computer as the clock wound down. Silly boy! But looks like his choices got in too. Now if he wins and I don't (for the same drawings I opted for) does that mean I should get to go in his stead?
    Oh I feel lucky! Watch out Bison, here I come!
    Thanks!
    I am feeling lucky on the Bison, too.
    With the lottery(s) that I have won this year, to the scholarship with BOW... yes... my odds are good this year.
    So.. let's pray and cross your fingers that I also get the bison tag because it will be a banner year to bag a sheep AND a bison!
    Lurker.

Default Bison

Quote Originally Posted by atvalaska View Post
    You should get one, I put in last year for the first time and only one and got it. Lucky I guess
    One shot one kill

Default stick in the eye

Aksharpshooter, why don't you just poke us in the eye with a sharp stick?!? Rub it in why don't you? First time. You are BAD! I lost count of the money sent to the state for drawings. Oh well, good for you. And was it tasty?

Default Too Late

Aren't we supposed to ask everyone June 1st what they filed for?

I'm not sure if everyone has the concepts of what a drawing lottery is so I'll bust it out for ya all basic;

THE LESS PEOPLE THAT APPLY FOR PERMITS THE HIGHER YOUR CHANCES ARE FOR GETTING ONE.

So... that means that you don't tell anyone about the permits.... you don't even say or THINK the words "Drawing" or "Permit" from January until JUNE 1ST. That way; those of us that remembered to put in for them can take advantage of the ones that forgot and increase our chances of winning. The lottery is awarded to those that APPLY, not the ones that FORGET.

AMAZING ISN'T IT!?
    "He who is slow to anger is better than the mighty, and he who rules his spirit is better than he who takes a city." ~ Proverbs 16:32

No worries I didn't put in for any this time around. Kind of funny I thought I wasn't going to be home, then found out today that I probably am. With luck like that I wouldn't have won anyway...
    Hard to complain anyway, I still have my Kodiak goat tag...<grin>

i put in for RB238, RB236, RB239. deadman's bay on the south end of Kodiak, fingers crossed

Quote Originally Posted by atvalaska View Post
    Yeah........Mine too.

Paids my annual tribute to ADF&G again.

DI403
    DC827
    DM330
    DM768
    DM770

Plus I purchased a B&G bear tag. Hopefully I'll get to shoot one this year that I can actually keep.
    Now what ?

Default Hi

Quote Originally Posted by Ak River Rat View Post
    Aksharpshooter, why don't you just poke us in the eye with a sharp stick?!? Rub it in why don't you? First time. You are BAD! I lost count of the money sent to the state for drawings. Oh well, good for you. And was it tasty?
    Yes it is tasty...was surprised since I only sent one,none for the wife or kids...this year I only put in 1 for a bull moose and 1 for a cow moose closer to home since Im not going to have alot of time this year. Friend wanted me to submit for my wife and kids so they could get some meat but just wont have the time to do that this year.
    If I dont get drawn may just have to try a harvest area I guess. Love to have some moose and caribou meat. Now next year I will try for caribou and a sheep draw. More time(HOPEFULLY)

put in for
    DM210
    DM211
    One shot one kill

Quote Originally Posted by stevelyn View Post
    Yeah........Mine too.

Paids my annual tribute to ADF&G again.

DI403
    DC827
    DM330
    DM768
    DM770

Plus I purchased a B&G bear tag. Hopefully I'll get to shoot one this year that I can actually keep.
    Stevelyn,
    I am hopeful for the both of us.
    Wanna go bison hunting together for DI403?
    Lurker.

A friend went to purchase a lottery ticket online but didn't have his 2009 hunting license.

Didn't have the heart to tell him he could have applied for license then entered the draw. (geez..some friend I am)

Oh well. Procrastinators get the short end of the stick most of the time

Quote Originally Posted by junkak View Post
    A friend went to purchase a lottery ticket online but didn't have his 2009 hunting license.

Didn't have the heart to tell him he could have applied for license then entered the draw. (geez..some friend I am)

Oh well. Procrastinators get the short end of the stick most of the time
    Thanks HORRIBLE! I am still laughing about it, though. Terrible!
    Lurker.

Well I wasn't planning on putting in for anything, but when I got a knock on the door at 11:45 I figured I might as well give it a shot. I'm pretty excited about the Eklutna Lake bow only brown bear hunt I put in for. I also put in for Chugiak Park brown bear, and, of course, bison.

DB470
    DB468
    DB468

Quote Originally Posted by lab man View Post
    Well I wasn't planning on putting in for anything, but when I got a knock on the door at 11:45 I figured I might as well give it a shot. I'm pretty excited about the Eklutna Lake bow only brown bear hunt I put in for. I also put in for Chugiak Park brown bear, and, of course, bison.

DB470
    DB468
    DB468
    Yeah? So I can be hopeful for you, Stevelyn, the husband, and myself to get that DI403, then?
    Lurker.

So when are the results expected.........?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast