Thread: Boat Launch - Deep Creek

Default Boat Launch - Deep Creek

I know about the tractors at Deep Creek but I haven't been down there for almost 25 years. I used to launch right in Deep Creek on high tide and them come back on high tide. I've been told that this boat launch no longer exists.
    Can anyone enlighten me. I'd much rather launch in the river than use the tractors...........just a personal preference. I'd appreciate the information.

Default Storm Wiped Out Boat Launch

A few years back they had a real bad wind storm and flood that wiped out the boat launch and changed the channel. I would not advise anyone in trying that type of launch anymore.
    How stupid is it to be wasting tons of salmon and halibut as bycatch in the Bering Sea and then have the coastal villages hollaring they have no food? It's got to stop!

A big problem with that is if the weather gets bad while you are out you can't come back in until high tide.

Default Thanks

Thanks for the reply's I just wanted to know if the launch still existed. I remember using it getting in and out long before the tractors exisited. Tightlines!

Default It's there

This ramp got replaced last year. There was some a bit of damage to it over the winter but repairs are being done. Same as the past mid to high tides.

Default We Launched before tractors

For years we launched there in Deep Creek, the ramp has been torn up more than it's been pristine. Sure have to go out on high and come back on high. We always done it with a inflatable, even dropping it on the beach and waiting for the tide.
    The channel, well sure it changed has and always will, but if I had an inflatable and could get it in the creek at medium tide I would.
    Gee and to think we all lived before tractors.