Thread: guns to shoot....

Smile guns to shoot....

My Father died on the 18th. We will celebrate his life today. Some time in the next month I will shoot his old S&W K Frame .38 Special, his old Mod. 99 .300 Savage he shot mule deer, white tail and Columbia Blacktail with. His old re-64 Mod. 70 .264 Win. Magnum that he held in high esteem. That and 140 grain Nosler Partitions were what he used for mule deer, antelope, moose, caribou and sheep. He liked a 120 grain Sierra spitzer for the many Iowa fox he blew to heck and back. I got 2 bucks for the ears at the court house. The old sportirized Springfield 30-06 I grew up huntig with. A couple of .22's and a old Mod 37 Ithica 12 gauge. I am looking forward to shooting them. I think he last made moose camp at age 80. Everything wore out and it just got to hard for him. I know he missed the home he built on the Slana River about 40 miles from Tok. We used to shoot off his back porch. As expected all the guns are walunut and blued steel. I am looking forward to some trigger time with them and I hope they make gut piles again some day! I miss him and I know Jesus made it possible for him to be in a better place.

My condolences on your loss, when you shoot his firearms, may your memories be only of the best of times that you and he shared.

God Bless,,,

God speed to your father. You will see him again, and he will be able to teach you (again) the ways of that new place. Happy shooting.

I'm sorry for your loss...kinda gives me a lump in my throat! However your loss is heavens gain.

Thumping critters with your Dad's guns in his honor is second to none!

Sorry for your loss, he'll be with you everytime you shoot his guns.
    The emphasis is on accuracy, not power!