Thread: SCI Convention-Reno 2007

Default SCI Convention-Reno 2007

Is anyone planning on heading to the SCI convention in Reno this coming January? I will be there for Thursdays activities and would love to meet up if you will be around.

Andrew

Default SCI Show

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    Is anyone planning on heading to the SCI convention in Reno this coming January? I will be there for Thursdays activities and would love to meet up if you will be around.

Andrew
    Andrew,

I will be doing some float hunting seminars there again this year, and David Johnson will be along to do a seminar as well. I don't know the schedule off the top of my head, but it should be published soon if it isn't out already.

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Mike, I look forward to finally meeting you in Reno.

Wink gee, i don't know...

is that new "world record elk" going to be there?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

I'm going to try to get down there again this year. More for the ACGG show than SCI, but since they are at the same time and in the same town, why not??

Are you going to book a hunt or just looking?

Take care

Dphillips, I am just going for the heck of it. I have no desires to book a hunt, I just want ot see what is offered. I have never been before and will need to fit as much in in one days as possible.

Default Cost

Anyone know the costs involved for having a both in Reno. I know there would be varying prices, I am just looking for a ballpark figure.
    Marc Theiler

Dave, let me know if the elk is going to be there. I'm going if it is!!!!!!!!!!!
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    Dphillips, I am just going for the heck of it. I have no desires to book a hunt, I just want ot see what is offered. I have never been before and will need to fit as much in in one days as possible.
    You won't be able to take it all in a day. The place is huge and is packed with vendors and customers. The first time I went, it was kind of a sensory overload. I went to gather some info on booking a hunt in Africa. Was glad I did, I picked up a lot of great information and ended up having a fantastic hunt in Zimbabwe.

If you get a chance, stop by the Silver Legacy to see the American Custom Gunmakers Guild show (ACGG). Some of the finest custom gunmakers in the world will be there. It's smaller and much more low key than SCI, but the wares displayed are unbelievable.

Default SCI Costs

Marc,

A regular 10' x 10' booth at SCI runs $1,950 plus electrical (~$124). They do tend to fill up very quickly, but sometimes have no-shows at the last minute...

Shawn

Default Thanks

Thanks a lot Sea, appreciate your responce. That seems a bit much, then you have all the literature, setup, travel, etc. Anyone ever have a booth there? Seems like you could take half of that, pay a good link manager and dominate the niche outdoor market you are in. I would be willing to bet it would pay off a lot better. Although I would really love to get down there and see what it's all about. I always use to love going to the various shows when I use to live in the 48.
    Marc Theiler

Default booth cost at SCI

I used to have a booth back in 1980 to 1988 I was a Shiras moose guide in Utah and wyoming, did Elk, Mule deer,Bears with dogs, and Mountain lion. The booths back then were over a thousand dollars back then, and when I had my last booth I was paying 1,800 buck, so it hasn't gone up that much over the years.
    I Still have my old SCI badges and kept some of my old photo albums of game we took back in those days.. I had a good time doing the shows back then. I have not been to a SCI convention since 1988 so I would be fun to go revisit and see if any of the old outfits are still at it.
    I once sold a Shiras moose trip to Curt Russell the Actor, He did not draw out for that hunt, but I wished He would have, he was a cool guy and he also booked a African trip that year. I should have just sold him a mountain lion or bear trip if he didn't draw on the moose..
    Any way.. It would be fun to go and see.
    do they still have it Balley's?
    Max
    When you come to a fork in the trail, take it!

Rentals for Canoes, Kayaks, Rafts, boats serving the Kenai canoe trail system and the Kenai river for over 15 years. www.alaskacanoetrips.com