Thread: Moose/Caribou hunt info.

Default Moose/Caribou hunt info.

Looking for good lead on unguided drop off or float hunt for 09 season. My brother in law is flying up this fall I would like to find an area that two old friends can enjoy without having to remortgage the house to do. Kids raised it our turn. I live in Palmer area.

The good news is you're a resident and probably have a pretty fair idea where the moose densities are relatively high and low. The less good news is that fall is not far away, and if you want to get a bush flight reserved during moose season it's time to get on it! Good luck and hope you have a great hunt.

Default Suggestion

It's probably too late but PaPaBear has a great reputation. You might give them a call.

I'm sure 40 mile air is booked up.

Last post summed it up pretty well - most good air services are already booked by now.

Quote Originally Posted by mhill View Post
    Looking for good lead on unguided drop off or float hunt for 09 season. My brother in law is flying up this fall I would like to find an area that two old friends can enjoy without having to remortgage the house to do. Kids raised it our turn. I live in Palmer area.
    Don't go west I'll be there

I would also highly recommend Papa Bear out of Bethel. We went last year with them and had a bull walk through camp. He;\'s still out there but that's a different story.
    You can also go out of Lake Hood with Trail Ridge, they have a couple of special use permits for areas that are pretty good. I've been out there for caribou with them 5, going on 6 time this fall. 248-0838 I think.