Thread: Did you buy gas in whittier?

Default Did you buy gas in whittier?

I ran 60 miles on Friday and had no issues. I topped off my tank with 28 gallons at the Whittier dock. Saturday I had to empty my water/fuel seperator 4 times. Anyone else fill up at the dock and have problems this weekend?
    I gave my entire system a good once over and can't find another any other source for the water.
    (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( (((((((((
    Rich Adventures
    PWS is my office. Can't get better than that.

bump up one time
    Rich Adventures

Thumbs up Bought Gas on 5-22

No problems.
    We never really grow up, we only learn
    how to act in public

I filled up on friday after being out for the previous week. I also filled up there the after the previous trip. I watch my racor pretty close after fill ups and switching tanks. I have removed a couple of table spoons of water per tank so far. Not the quantities you are speaking of. I hear it can be a problem there though. Guess I have been lucky the past couple of seasons.
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

The last 3 years I have had issues with my boat only after filling up in Whittier. Spent 5 days out of Valdez and made a day trip to whittier so far this year and no issues. We'll see next weekend when I have to fill up in Whittier if the same holds true for me and a 4th year.

Default been ok, knock on wood

Added 40 gallons on Saturday afternoon, ran back out and back with no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by fishin 45 View Post
    I ran 60 miles on Friday and had no issues. I topped off my tank with 28 gallons at the Whittier dock. Saturday I had to empty my water/fuel seperator 4 times. Anyone else fill up at the dock and have problems this weekend?
    I gave my entire system a good once over and can't find another any other source for the water.
    The berthholder next to me in Whittier Harbor had the same issues at the same time. Sounds bad, unless you are the same guy. I rarely buy fuel there.

I have now drained the tank and got about 2 quarts of rusty water. Replaced the racor, refilled and am ready to go.
    The thing that proves my suspisions in my mind is the fact that I have a plastic tank and all rubber hoses. Where would rust come from? Couldn't have been just a bad seal around the gas cap that let rust in.
    I have filled up there approx. 20 times each summer for the last 5 years and never had an issue though.
    Rich Adventures

Quote Originally Posted by fishin 45 View Post
    I have now drained the tank and got about 2 quarts of rusty water. Replaced the racor, refilled and am ready to go.
    The thing that proves my suspisions in my mind is the fact that I have a plastic tank and all rubber hoses. Where would rust come from? Couldn't have been just a bad seal around the gas cap that let rust in.
    I have filled up there approx. 20 times each summer for the last 5 years and never had an issue though.
    If you haven't already, take the 2 qts of water to the fuel dock and notify them and produce a reciept. They should at least cover the cost of the filter.

ALASKAN SEA-DUCTION
    1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
    MMSI# 338131469
    Blog: http://alaskanseaduction.blogspot.com/

How bout a refund on a half gallon of water?

Think mr. Funnel. I have the black (non coductive) high volume model that has the two filters can use it at the pump. After problem i had last fall all my fuel goes thru that 0nce and some of it twice. Cheap insurance and piece of mind. Not a cheap funnel.
    RETIRED U.S.A.F. CAPT.; LIFETIME MEMBER NRA; LIFETIME MEMBER ALASKA BOWHUNTER ASSOC.
    MASTER BOWHUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR; MEMBER UNITED BLOOD TRACKERS; POPE & YOUNG MEASURER

Quote Originally Posted by AK NIMROD View Post
    Think mr. Funnel. I have the black (non coductive) high volume model that has the two filters can use it at the pump. After problem i had last fall all my fuel goes thru that 0nce and some of it twice. Cheap insurance and piece of mind. Not a cheap funnel.

Good Point

ALASKAN SEA-DUCTION
    1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
    MMSI# 338131469
    Blog: http://alaskanseaduction.blogspot.com/