Thread: allexander lake

Default allexander lake

thinking about going to alexander in the moring for the day for some pike just wonderng how long it takes to get to the lake from the mouth? Thanks Mike

Quote Originally Posted by akmike30 View Post
    thinking about going to alexander in the moring for the day for some pike just wonderng how long it takes to get to the lake from the mouth? Thanks Mike
    Hello, Never been there but by now you should of made the trip wondering how it went for you?

Never went just went down to flat horn. Didn't have enough time when I got started Sunday morning..

Quote Originally Posted by AK LIVIN View Post
    Hello, Never been there but by now you should of made the trip wondering how it went for you?

I might have spotted you in the parking lot on Sunday. I was the guy with the green airboat.

How was the fishing at Flathorn?

Hey, What channel did you take to get in flathorn? Last time we went down there, Last fall, the west channel, one by the pipeline was dry as a bone. Did you have to go on down to end of bell island than up and follow that to the east side of maid lake on the way in?

SusitnaAK, I've been to Flathorn twice in the past two years. Each time I had to take the creek that's hidden in a Su side channel a couple miles south of the old route.

Huh, Even with your airboat? Can I get a 22ft jet up there?Without killing myself? Been so long since i ran that channel didn,t remember it being down that far,It also had a big log jam in it!

Quote Originally Posted by SusitnaAk View Post
    Huh, Even with your airboat? Can I get a 22ft jet up there?Without killing myself? Been so long since i ran that channel didn,t remember it being down that far,It also had a big log jam in it!

22 footer no problem...log jam is still there but quite small and mostly submerged...stay 'river left' and you'll be fine, if you hug the band you could idle through it if you wanted to...the channel is usually plenty deep, i'd be more worried about the water right where you get into the lake...
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

Thanks, Never had trouble coming into lake, I go on down to the end of that channel, and make a hard 90 left and out on to the lake .We used to have poles there to mark it. 400-500 yds than head out across the lake. I remember yr,s ago Lonny Chestnut. brought his commrecial Fishing boat up in there. Now that was a sight to see.

yep that was me i thought that was you. Fishing was good. no big size tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Water_Gremlin View Post
    I might have spotted you in the parking lot on Sunday. I was the guy with the green airboat.

How was the fishing at Flathorn?

When you goin to flat horn make that hard 90 and then go about a 100 yards into lake before making you right. Also this year there a looksl ike there a channel infront of the 90 its really shallow i miss read coming back out of the lake almost got to try out the new chain saw winch. But i made it. other than that its deep. just watch out for big boats I almost got to meet the guy in the red thunder jet.

Bringing back a very old thread, wondering if anyone has GPS cordinates to where the channel to get to Flathorn is? I'd like to make this run and take the boy pike fishing. Thanks.

Run down river to power lines. Turn around at power line come back up river to second channel on you right...
    Do I give my friends advice? Jesus, no. They wouldn't take advice from me. Nobody should take advice from me. I haven't got a clue about anything..

You describing Flathorn mike or the long way to Alexander?
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

Quote Originally Posted by arctic_import View Post
    Bringing back a very old thread, wondering if anyone has GPS cordinates to where the channel to get to Flathorn is? I'd like to make this run and take the boy pike fishing. Thanks.
    Here you go. There are a few different ways but this should help. The entrance further to the South is 6123'30.98"N 15028'36.31"W. The entrance further to the North is much shorter and the coordinates are 6125'11.78"N 15027'59.93"W You'll have to make the call judging on water levels.

Also, heres a winter overview from google earth at low water. I'm also attaching another image from the summer time with high water that really shows it in detail. Good luck to you.

Flathorn slough.jpgflathorn 2.jpg

The lower entrance to Flathorn that 907 is describing is Fish Creek. The upper entrance is only viable any more in high water. Flathorn is still solid ice but should be okay in a week?

Made it into Flathorn lake today. My buddy and I ran our waverunners down. Didn't see a piece of ice all day. Water is very high though. About 6' higher than normal by my guestimate. We were able to make it into the Northern most Fish creek entrance. Plenty of water. The Hooligan are in thick down that way.

Thanks for the update. I may be trying it on Friday. Did you do any fishing?

Quote Originally Posted by arctic_import View Post
    Thanks for the update. I may be trying it on Friday. Did you do any fishing?
    We just did some quick dipping for hooligan. We didn't bring the rods with us. We probably should have though.