Thread: What's the best pot puller??

Default What's the best pot puller??

Ok shrimp catchers, what's the best pot puller for the money and why??

Default Best Puller - The Honda Unit with Capstain

The Honda unit is far and away the best unit out there for the money.
    It's very easy to install, doesn't mess with your batteries and will pull a 5 pot string faster than what is really necessary. None of this bull of trying to help the unit pull a heavy string like I have heard about with the other units. It really gets the job done and has proven itself to be very reliable.
    How stupid is it to be wasting tons of salmon and halibut as bycatch in the Bering Sea and then have the coastal villages hollaring they have no food? It's got to stop!

And it's the most UNSAFE thing on the water and it's noisey and get's hot and all that other stuff that ive heard, that caused me to get the King of the hill- Electra Dyne unit. There are a growing number of them appearing on the site, so there should be no shortage of info, (over on the fishing thread's.)

Mike
    Last edited by LuJon; 05-31-2009 at 12:55.

This question gets asked a lot. You might want to do a search for prior threads.

My recollection is that the most commonly recommended are the Honda, Electra Dyne and Safe-T-Puller (not necessarily in that order).

They ain't for everybodies boat or wallet but please check out the pictures of the installs of the Electra Dyne hauler's i've posted. If you need any info on them please email, my contact info is at the bottom of the page.

Alaska Shrimp Pots

Rigid & Folding Shrimp & Crab Pots
    Electra Dyne Pot Haulers
    Ropes, Buoys, Bait
    alaskashrimppots.com
    akshrimppots@mtaonline.net
    907 775 1692