Thread: Fair warning

Talking Fair warning

Permit applications are due, NOW!!!. Get off your duff and get them in, if you want to hunt a special hunt.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Shhh you are not supposed to give fair warning you are supposed to let them fail to apply then they can complain to fish and game that they were not warned then we can do the draw all over again kinda like the unit 20 moose permits during the winter draw. Whoops did I open that can of worms again?

I herd they extended it for another 30 days! Take your time.

I just had mine postmarked and mailed off today. Hoping for another spring Kodiak brownie tag...

Default results?

when do the results come out?

Default Results

Quote Originally Posted by cmp189ap View Post
    when do the results come out?
    Results usually come out in early July. Typically a Friday afternoon at about 4:00pm.

Shhhh... you're not supposed to remind people, it decreases my odds..

This is the first year I have put the kids in. It was fun letting them pick what they wanted to apply for. Mama only had one stipulation..we had to stay road or foot accessable. I already used up my airplane money this year
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Default Well.....

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post

This is the first year I have put the kids in. It was fun letting them pick what they wanted to apply for. Mama only had one stipulation..we had to stay road or foot accessable. I already used up my airplane money this year
    Can't you "technically" consider pretty much any hunt foot accessable? Sure, it may take a month to get there, but you CAN get there by foot, right? She only said the hunt must be foot accessable, not that you had to hunt it by foot, right? Probably not worth pushing the technicalities though if you want to hunt again in the future....

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post

I have found when I mention things are for the kids I get a lot more leeway in the spending department. I put my daughters in for one of the cow moose hunts last year and they ahd a great hunt, its good getting them out there enjoying the outdoors.

F & G Extended it 2 more weeks due to complaints. Nothing to see here, move along, move along thats it take your time!

Quote Originally Posted by AKDSLDOG View Post
    F & G Extended it 2 more weeks due to complaints. Nothing to see here, move along, move along thats it take your time!
    Man, I can't think of you and permit applications without laughing to myself over how you had your choices pinned to your wall when I came over for the first forum BBQ. Ha! Care to divulge your choices this time around? I promise I won't tell.

Quick Brian, delete this thread. I imagine there are enough bison applications in already.
    Never count your days, but rather, make all of your days count.

Quote Originally Posted by jmg View Post
    Quick Brian, delete this thread. I imagine there are enough bison applications in already.
    Don't concern yourself with the bison tags I have them all taken care of.

I have found when I mention things are for the kids I get a lot more leeway in the spending department. I put my daughters in for one of the cow moose hunts last year and they ahd a great hunt, its good getting them out there enjoying the outdoors.
    Dude...I used all them brownie points up already ..trip to Kodiak in August with my 12yr old son and a turkey hunt in California for my daughter last month. Believe it or not, that hunt in California cost half of the deer hunt in Kodiak. Anyhow, I can't afford to fly two of us anywhere unless Alaska Airlines goes there and I can use my miles.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Man, I can't think of you and permit applications without laughing to myself over how you had your choices pinned to your wall when I came over for the first forum BBQ. Ha! Care to divulge your choices this time around? I promise I won't tell.
    That was funny, lol..... No big secrete this year, all party permits. 4 of us are ganging up on the same ones.

DM332
    DM770
    DM407

DI403
    DI351
    DI352

DC590

In that order. Good luck!

Well done, sir. With the exception of Delta bison, we didn't put in for any duplicate permits.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Well done, sir. With the exception of Delta bison, we didn't put in for any duplicate permits.
    Told ya we came to an understanding after my secretes were ruined at the BBQ, lol......