Thread: Who wants to go to Lake Louise?

Default Who wants to go to Lake Louise?

Planning on another day trip out there Friday looking for a bou. As thick as it is out there now the hunting is mostly walking the road or trails. Be nice to find someone to split fuel costs with. I will be leaving from ER about 7 am.
    Any other non smoking tier 2 hunters with a tag want to join in the fun?

Went Sunday.No boe left,just gut piles.We eneded up getting a little one near Eureka.Seen 4 all day.

we went up saturday and saw a few nice bulls on the little lake at the end of the road. it had a thin layer of ice on it but i was not going walking out there.
    i think you could walk around the edge to a place around the corner early in the morning and sit just off the lake in the trees and see if any caribou come onto the lake. there were several places where they had come out of the trees onto the lake but no one specific spot that they all used. later saw another 3 on the lake but nothing of any size.

Default hmmmm

So have any of you all hunted on the Denali Cutoff or down near Hogan Hill?? June & Nita etc?? Are there any bou left or am I looking at a long hike or snowmachine ride??
    Snowwolfe.....are you heading up from Anchorage to hunt??? And are you headed out this coming Sunday (Nov 5th?).
    "I hump the wild to take it ALL in.......there is no bag limit on happiness..."

I was at Lake Louise on Monday and seen the biggest bull of my life but was unable to get into position for a shot so I know they are still around.
    I am planning on going Friday weather permitting back to the same general area.

Can I proxy for you?

Angry equal rights thats nice

If we had equal rights here you would not have to look for a hunting partner! How does it feel to be special?

Default Autoglass..

Quote Originally Posted by autoglass View Post
    If we had equal rights here you would not have to look for a hunting partner! How does it feel to be special?
    Wow, your response seems a bit outrageous. I think your anguish is misguided and lies withing the regulations and with the system. We've had some good discussions regarding subsistence and rural prefernece on this forum. I don't think you need to disrespect snowwolfe due to your apparent jealously. I too am a little bitter at the divisive tier II system we have now, but I wouldn't vent at another member; if I weren't so busy (and made it a priority) I suppose I would attend one of the many forums and game board meetings around my hometown and have some imput regarding this issue. I suggest you do the same if you don't like it.

Tim

It feels pretty good actually since I am abiding by the laws.

Cool your right tim

nothing personel snowolfe, I just think there should be equal rights for all, I would hunt them too if I had a permit, but it is still not fair.
    sorry
    Tim.

Snowwolfe,just had a friend come and see me and gave me this report.He spent from daylight to dark driving lake louise road and seen one little caribou at the end of the road yesterday.He did say that there were a ton of OLD tracks around.He also said there was only himself and 3 other trucks hunting the road.There is about 8"s of snow and Lake louise is totally open but the smaller lakes and swamps have a layer of ice but unsafe.He ran into fish@feathers and they told him that there are several thousand animals at Summit lake.Hope this helps,good luck.

Summit Lake off the Richardson?

That would be the one.

Snowwolfe,
    If you are still planning to go up to Lake Louise, I'll probably see you there. I'm also going up tomorrow(Friday) but I'll be hunting hare, no caribou permit for me either this year but I like hunting bunnies nearly as well.

Decided to bow out. It is a very long drive from Eagle River and makes for a long day for one person. Wished I could of found a partner.

well get me a tII and I'd gladly go along, though I have to work on regular weekends. Glad the government see's fit to keep us busy!

Quote Originally Posted by Snowwolfe View Post
    Decided to bow out. It is a very long drive from Eagle River and makes for a long day for one person. Wished I could of found a partner.
    Heck, I drove all the way up by my lonesome just to hunt rabbits. It was colder than a well digger's rear end in the morning, -16 as a matter of fact. It warmed up to around 17 in the afternoon and I had a fairly productive day. Dang rabbits are so hard to see at this time of year, there is about 8 - 10" of snow on the ground. I think I'll wait until late next fall to hunt that area.