Thread: AR Complete Lowers: What is the current market like?

Default AR Complete Lowers: What is the current market like?

Curious as to whether or not they are as hard to get as they were, and what price are they going for?

If you are a buyer the market is goooooder today than next year. If your a seller hoard them. I have some extras, how good of a lower do you want.....?

More thinking about selling one I already have! : )

The panic buying has peaked and we are starting to see "panic bought" AR's filtering back into circulation. The gunshops have the same guns sitting on the shelf as they did last week and the week before.... and one could easily procure several stripped lowers in town if they felt the need. It is a buyers market right now, not a sellers market!

The going price for your built lower depends on the brand and how much it's been used. I wouldn't give more than $300 for a brand new factory built lower right now..... for what it's worth.

- Clint
    /_|o[____]o
    [1---L-OllllllO-
    ()_)()_)==)_)

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskacajun View Post
    The going price for your built lower depends on the brand and how much it's been used. I wouldn't give more than $300 for a brand new factory built lower right now..... for what it's worth.- Clint
    I'll take 20 please, I can pay in cash. Must be NEW "complete" lower.

Are you starting a revolution? : )

Lightbulb Good AR lower --- Hold on to it!

$300 wholesale w/ some shipping and put together, no stock or pistol tube, and no buffer included would still be a pretty darn good deal right now on something new such as from DPMS, RockRiver, Stag and so on. So I'd have to say that's not an informed/realistic cost estimation of the retail pricing by any stretch.

The craze might be lessened as compared with pre and post election - yet this is a cyclical thing on black guns and they remain popular new, used or parted out. If you have one and can hold on to it - great... if you must have the cash right now --- generally speaking you more or less going to get the short end of the stick.

Quote Originally Posted by 1911-MW View Post
    Are you starting a revolution? : )
    NOPE, Calling his hand......Which was a discrete way of saying, Sir: I humble disagree, I don't think the marketplace can supply "Complete Lowers" for $300.-- As I define a complete lower are ready to attach to a upper, and rock & roll.

Note: Today my Rock River 6.8 SPC complete Firearm showed up, it was ordered 23 MONTHS ago......

Any word on availability of uppers? I called WOA about building me an upper, and they said they are running 18-22 weeks, same for just a barrel

Default Parts wait

Ive had 2 lower parts kits ordered from Delton for 3 months now. Yes parts are becoming more available but its slow. like it was stated before if you dont have to sell I wouldnt. I have 2 RRA stripped lowers rat holed for later. Hillbilly

stripped lowers are going for $150-$190 now depending on brand and how badly you want one. Not sure on complete lowers though. I have been able to get lowers and parts kits with a 4-8 week turn around so far. The RRA parts kits seem to be taking longer than everything else I have bought and cost more.

I have to agree though the rush seems to have dies down and I hope it stays that way. Still seems to be a rush on gun powder though and some people are willing to pay a small ransom for powder just so they can have it right now or so they can hoard it, thats just crazy.

If you want to know current market values, I would direct you to AR151.com. Look at the Equipment Exchange forum and you can see what parts kits are going for along with lowers both stripped and complete. You can look at different manufacturers and find out how much what you want costs and the availability.

There is no need to guess after you see multiples of what you are looking for being sold.

Cheers,

Matt

Here is the link for AR15

http://www.ar15.com/forums/board.html?b=7

I have a superior Arms complete lower.... Not able to log into the AR15 site through the work firewalls... Any thoughts on what it is worth these days?

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeak View Post
    I'll take 20 please, I can pay in cash. Must be NEW "complete" lower.
    I was merely stating a fact. "I WOULD NOT PAY MORE THAN $300," that means "me".... I didn't say that I have seen $300 factory built lowers in stock.

For what it's worth I have seen RRA factory built lowers recently at a local gun shop for $379 IIRC. And I know of a website that has LMT factory built lowers in stock for $335...

- Clint
    /_|o[____]o
    [1---L-OllllllO-
    ()_)()_)==)_)

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeak View Post
    NOPE, Calling his hand......Which was a discrete way of saying, Sir: I humble disagree, I don't think the marketplace can supply "Complete Lowers" for $300.-- As I define a complete lower are ready to attach to a upper, and rock & roll.

Note: Today my Rock River 6.8 SPC complete Firearm showed up, it was ordered 23 MONTHS ago......
    The "marketplace" can't supply $300 FBL's because uninformed consumers are willing to pay $200 for a stripped No Name Brand lower, just so they can get into the AR game. Then the first thing they do is run over to ARFcom and ask "Did I pay too much for my XYZ lower?" "Are XYZ lowers any good?" "Who has an XYZ lower?" "Why doesn't my lower parts kit fit right in this XYZ lower?"

The crap that the AR manufacturers are turning out right now is being mass produced. I've heard from more than one source to be careful when buying any of the products produced after November 4th 2008, there have been reports of things being out of spec. I've actually seen what they are talking about on trigger and hammer pin holes being too big.

And to clarify my previous statements (I've been an AR-15 owner since August of 1993) I've owned many variants, in many configurations, and many brand names. I will not pay more than $300 for a factory built lower.

- Clint
    /_|o[____]o
    [1---L-OllllllO-
    ()_)()_)==)_)