Thread: Need help!! How do I clean up cat pee to remove smell?

Default Need help!! How do I clean up cat pee to remove smell?

Sorry this might be off topic.

My cat is getting old and peeing everywhere. grrrr!

I need to remove cat pee odor from a carpet. Does anyone no a good product or household remedy to remove cat pee from carpet?

thanks in advance.

chris

Default Remedy

Quote Originally Posted by PactMeeme View Post

I need to remove cat pee odor from a carpet. Does anyone no a good product or household remedy to remove cat pee from carpet?

thanks in advance.

chris
    Shoot the cat, burn the carpet, move to another house!!!
    -Caleb-

Try Nature's Miracle. If it's soaked into the pad under the carpet or worse into the flooring itself then you're not going to get it out. It will just keep coming back to the surface and if it's in the flooring, personally I'd cut out that section of flooring and replace it. Experience speaks.
    Also sounds like it might be about time to put the cat down. Unless the vet says different that's usually a sign that the cat's quality of life is seriouly suffering and he's trying to tell you that by spraying and peeing outside the litterbox.

Default Did you try scent shield?

Why not? If it works for bowhunting why wouldn't work for cat pee?

I do foreclosure cleanouts and I recommend Nature's Miracle too.
    http://www.naturemakesitwork.com/home/index.php
    You can order it online or some vets carry it.
    Works great...
    Sorry about your feline
    Jess
    Bait Em 907
    Bear Bait & Moose Lure Company
    www.baitem907.com
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bait-E...56572604387163

Good ole STRANGULATION.

Taylor

-[]------->

Default Not a cat fan...

But come on guys... Marc/Noble

This is his first post here and if he has an old cat he or his family obviously has feelings for the old critter...

But I agree, if the cat can't make it to the litter box, send him to his new home.
    When all else fails...ask your old-man.

AKArcher

sorry for the move to this forum, I would have pushed it to the GD forum but I don't think the OP can access it there. This seems like the best answer for a legit question. So for you remote cat owners, here is you cat pee thread. <grin>

Quote Originally Posted by PactMeeme View Post

thanks in advance.

chris
    You'll need to cut out the bad part of the pad and replace it. Really soak the area of carpet and the floor below with what ever product you use. I've used several and they all worked for me. You can get a small piece of pad and pet odor neutralizer at Lowes or Home Depot. Good luck.

Will

Urine-off (www.urineoff.com) is the best product I've found. It's enzyme-based. You can get it in Anchorage at the College Village Animal Clinic on Northern Lights.

Actually the guy that formulated Nature's Miracle sold it and whoever bought it changed the formula. So he immediately formed another company under the name "Petastic" using the original formula. It works great.

Default if you get....

.....it while it is still wet use baking powder(like arm&hammer). spread it on liberally and then rub it in. let it set for a few minutes and then vacuum up. continue until it stays dry when you rub it around. wife used this method while working in the adult care business and was able to save many pieces of furniture doing it.

Default Petastic or another enzyme product

I agree on the Petastic. It works well, just understand that it sometimes takes more than one application. And you need to make sure that the area is saturated. It doesn't have to be squishy - just thoroughly wet.

Mirazime might work too. It is really more for clothes - like that load of towels you forgot in the washer for a week , or workout clothes that are getting a little whiffy. Although it takes a little effort, it really works well. I bought a small bottle at REI once, but it is available in larger bottles if you surf around.

Good luck! Hope your cat feels better.

ps: ignore the trolls.

Nature's Miracle! Apply and let dry then check for smell and repeat till smell is gone. Donít blot it or wipe it up the stuff must air dry to work and may take 6 or 8 times to get it from the pad. It may be faster to pull the carpet up and fold it back so you can apply to the wood floor and bottom side of pad at same time. It will get the smell out but youíre stuck with the stain, or at least I have been. Good luck.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona