Thread: 10mm availability in Fairbanks

Default 10mm availability in Fairbanks

Is factory 10mm ammo readily available in Fairbanks? If so, what types of bullets and weights do you typically see? I am sure the shortage of all ammo is probably having an affect, but I mean in normal times.

10mm has been a bit tough lately. We sold about 75,000 rounds of it at the GASS in April , but I'm not sure whether I have more coming in on my next load. Seems that brass is a bit scarce

About once a week I make a round of the major shooting suppliers looking for powder and primers. I will keep an eye out for 10 mm next time and let you know what I find.

Thanks. I'm taking a permanent job in Fairbanks in a few weeks, and I'm trying to decide if my G20 should go with me or stay for the time being and be moved later with the rest of my firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by almostfree View Post
    Thanks. I'm taking a permanent job in Fairbanks in a few weeks, and I'm trying to decide if my G20 should go with me or stay for the time being and be moved later with the rest of my firearms.
    I'd bring it if possible. 10mm is not common but can be found. Double Tap will ship ammo to you in AK if you order from them.

I was just in Frontier Outfitters and they had some Buffalo Bore 10mm. I didn't look at the specifics but they carry a full selection of other Buffalo Bore ammo which is usually loaded hot and heavy.

Ditto on what Snyd said ...Frontier is making a far greater effort than some other shops, such as Sportsman's Warehouse, to keep ammo in stock. Sportsman's is acting like someone going out of business and trying to shed any stock they have ...rather than stocking the shelves and trying to be a good store.

Brian

Default Sportsmans W.

Third that. Not sure what's happening at Sportsmans' Warehouse. It really does look like they are going out of business. The gun/ammo/access.'s have been bare since about Dec. 1, 08. Frontier, Sentry, Alaska G & A have been doing alright and Wallyworld gets little spurts of plinking ammo every couple of weeks or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Cinak View Post
    Third that. Not sure what's happening at Sportsmans' Warehouse. It really does look like they are going out of business. The gun/ammo/access.'s have been bare since about Dec. 1, 08. Frontier, Sentry, Alaska G & A have been doing alright and Wallyworld gets little spurts of plinking ammo every couple of weeks or so.
    Sportsman is hurting on cash. They have been selling off some of their stores to keep the creditors, ATK, Browning, etc. off their back. A case of expanding too fast on the creditors' money and the economy turning south. Hope they make it.