Thread: Boat launching out of Deep Creek?

Default Boat launching out of Deep Creek?

I'm thinking about launching my boat for the first time out of Deep Creek, anything special I should know about?

It is a tractor launch off the beach and I beleive they won't launch you unless your trailer has full length guide ons.
    I could be wrong, but I'm sure someone else will chime in.

Default Deep Creek Launch

Are you thinking of launching off the beach or using the tractors?
    One thing to remember, install the transom plug, carry a radio or cell phone, respect the weather Wow, I'm up to 3 things and I'm just getting going. Be safe and catch a big one.

Also if you can time the waves when comming in it well help keep the inside of your boat dry. I launch every year out of Anchor Point using the tractors and fishing is always good, weather on the other hand not always so good. I have a 20' Fish Rite Kenai Special with a 50 horse, totally open boat so some days I can launch some I cannot. If you do decide to go out before hand go down and talk to the tractor guys they will give you some pointers too. Good luck

Guide ons for your trailer. Don't go for it half way. You have to commit or it will not work. The tractor guys will make up for your errors and it is better to miss once than trying to start over and missing twice.

Take a vhf.

I ran a charter boat out of deep creek for a few years and this is my 2 cents when watching the non-charters do the deal in small open boats.

There is constuction on the bridge prior to Deep Creek. Tight Squeeze with my Dodge!