Thread: Captain Kim's

Default Captain Kim's

Anyone been able to reach this guy? We dipped with him last year, and I remember I had to call two or three times, but I've left two messages, sent an email, and haven't heard back. I've called several times for the past week or longer and get the recorder every time.
    "The Gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent in fishing" Assyrian Tablet 2000 B.C.

Default He works

A lot geting ready for the season. He will be there and he will reply.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

www.arcticconcealment.com

I've also been trying to get ahold of him. I've left messages and emails as well. The good news, I guess, is that today his voicemail finally worked...it had been full.

Hopefully he'll start call-backs soon, since the trip I want is only 10 days off....lol

This is getting to be an act of frustration trying to get ahold of him....lol.

My time off for this trip is in a week, and I still haven't heard anything back from him. Whether this trip happens at all hinges on him. We've got the gear lined up, the RV ready, but we don't know if we should go or not at this point because we don't even know if he's around.

Default Try Mark Hem's charter service?

Give Hem a call. He is a good guy and on the Chitina dipnetters association. His number is 823-2200. Hope that helps, Ken from South-Central Alaska dipnetters association.

He doesn't take reservations, just first come, first serve. I'd rather not get up at 4 AM to stand in line hoping to get out. Plus, I was wanting to fish from the boat. He just drops you off on the rocks somewhere. I don't really have enough nor can I afford to get all the ropes and harnesses and such to ensure safety if he puts us somewhere precarious.

Plus, we have an older gentleman on the trip who can't navigate steep rocks well and who'd rather fish from the boat. Hem is, however, my only Plan B at the moment.

Just got word he's booked up for a while. Bummer. Guess I'll be standing in line for Hem's

Either way, I'm still looking forward to this. Long-term forecast for early next week is showing mostly sunny with highs in the mid to upper 70's.