Thread: experimental prospecting machine

Smile experimental prospecting machine

I have had an idea for an experimental machine for recovering 100% of gold through a sluice or trommel. However;I don't have a claim or method of testing the machine. Is anyone interested in letting me test it? I want to see if the idea really works before I go to Patent. I would need a non-disclosure signed; but you might be able to keep/use/partner on it if it works. Serious only please; I'm not going to give it away. PS. all the gold in your sluice is yours, we can split whatever shows up in my contraption; if any!!!

Default 100%???

There is no such thing as 100% recovery. There never has been and I doubt there ever will be. If you do indeed have a device that can retain 100% of the gold you'll be richer than Bill Gates by the end of the year and be collecting royalties from every mine in the world.

Anyone can build a device that captures 100% of the chunks. But the money is in the small stuff. If, after over 100 years, no one has developed a device that can capture 100% of the flour gold on the beaches of Nome I'd be shocked if you have.

But, no need to wait for someone else. Proper testing isn't done in the field it's done in the lab. You need a quantity of material that's guaranteed free of gold, then add a known quantity of gold in specific sizes/shapes. Run it thru your device and compare what you get out to what you put in.

After you claim you got 100% take your tailings and look at them under a microscope and you'll see all of the flour and micron gold you missed.

Talking 100%

Cheeser; Thanks for the reply. Of course nothing is 100%; what I really want to do is capture AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE either before or after the sluice. A lot of fine gold gets through and I want to try to capture it. I don't want to lab test it; just see if it is effective; either alone or in conjunction with a sluice. A simple field test will suffice.

Default hi...

In the field or in the lab, you need to first know exactly how much gold you're feeding into the device. That's the only way you can determine the recovery percentage.

If you feed unknown material, all you could say you found "some" of the gold that the sluice missed. You still have no idea how much your device missed and got shot out the end.

Quote Originally Posted by DMoose2 View Post
    Cheeser; Thanks for the reply. Of course nothing is 100%; what I really want to do is capture AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE either before or after the sluice. A lot of fine gold gets through and I want to try to capture it. I don't want to lab test it; just see if it is effective; either alone or in conjunction with a sluice. A simple field test will suffice.
    The gold standard of tests for "contraptions" is the beach at Nome. Get yourself and it there and test away. The beach to the east of town is public and anyone can dig there for free. As much as you want.

In order for your tests to be accepted you'll need to compare it to other products already on the market. Bring a video camera with you to document everything. I'd suggest you talk to Peluk in Nome and see if he'd be interested. He's got some claims on the shore side of the beach that may afford you more privacy.

Good luck. Alaska miners are a very skeptical bunch....

Works or not apply for patent on your idea now and when someone finds a use for it you did not think of (assuming it don't work for gold) they will need a license from you.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Quote Originally Posted by DMoose2 View Post
    I have had an idea for an experimental machine for recovering 100% of gold through a sluice or trommel. However;I don't have a claim or method of testing the machine. Is anyone interested in letting me test it? I want to see if the idea really works before I go to Patent. I would need a non-disclosure signed; but you might be able to keep/use/partner on it if it works. Serious only please; I'm not going to give it away. PS. all the gold in your sluice is yours, we can split whatever shows up in my contraption; if any!!!

what part of AK are you located in.... I can get some good material and deliver it to where needed to work it and test your little machine.