Thread: Washdown pump

Default Washdown pump

What is your recommendation for a 12V washdown pump and best place to purchase it locally?

I need one to wash the blood off the deck, (hopefully). I currently use a 5 gallon bucket and it works pretty good. I have a self draining deck scuppers.

My plan is to set it up so I can also feed it from a 5 gallon bucket and use it for a quick rinse after loading it on the trailer. Just something to hit the brakes and O/B motors for quick rinse before the drive home.

Default 2nd that request

I just purchased a 22' seasport. Need a wash down system quick thats not too difficult or expensive to install. The bucket system sounds like a good starter system to me. Thanks for any info or advice.

I've seen a setup on a C-dory where the intake was a hose mounted through the transom and then down into the water. No need for a seacock. You could just hold the bucket up the hose and draw your water from the bucket.

I had to replace my washdown pump this year. It was a pre-installed system on my Hewescraft, and the pump just died. I bought one at West Marine, was a drop-in replacement essentially, easy install. THey may or may not be the best place locally (I like them), but they have several sizes/models, including one that has the entire kit including hose/nozzle. Certainly can get some ideas for how you want to go.

I think the idea of a long, but stowable pickup hose makes some sense, or use the bucket (seems like a bit more pain). But make sure you have an in-line filter or one mounted on the pump. Lots of good options, and a good washdown sure makes life easier when cleaning up the fish yuck!

Chris

Default bucket

I guess I should have been more clear. My current 5 gallon bucket method is dip the bucket over the side into the water, fill it, toss the water on the blood and let the water run out the scuppers. Pretty low tech.

Thanks for the input. I saw a West Marine flyer on a sale next week.

I use one of these:
    http://www.rule-industries.com/produ...2531/index.htm

Just plug into 12v pigtail and toss over the side. Replaced the twist nozzle with a plastic squeeze nozzle, on its second season and working fine. Also replaced the alligator clips with male/female plug. Doesn’t produce a forceful spray but gets the job done. Toss in a worm bucket of water and take a shower, prattle versatile.
    Picked up at West here in town, 79.95 I think.
    Jay
    07 C-Dory 25 Cruiser
    OurPlayground.