Thread: Sealing hides??

Default Sealing hides??

If I shoot a grey wolf out of OTZ what do I have to do and where do I have to do it to get the hide back to thelower 48?
    Thanks
    Bruce

Default Sealing wolf hides

Quote Originally Posted by BruceB View Post
    If I shoot a grey wolf out of OTZ what do I have to do and where do I have to do it to get the hide back to thelower 48?
    Thanks
    Bruce
    Bruce, normally I just post the answer on people's questions (if I know it). But something about this one makes me want to send you to the regulation booklet. This is information you need to know how to find for yourself. I could quote from the regs, but you need to understand that the regulations change from unit to unit, and from year to year. It's your responsibility to know this stuff and to check it personally. You don't want to get a ticket because of something you read on a hunting forum!

No offense intended, just trying to give you a tool that will answer a lot of these kinds of questions for you.

In most cases you will have to have your wolf sealed. You can do that through a third party, via a temporary sealing form, but as I said, you need to look that up in the hunting regulations to verify the details, and remember that they could change.

Regards,

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay