Thread: Homer Lagoon

Default Homer Lagoon

When do the kings start showing up in the Lagoon?

Wink uh... now.

i know a few have been caught, i'll try and spin by the cleaning tables and see what is in the carcass tote today.
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

dropped by just after high slack and saw a guy cleaning a #15 king... he said 3 had been caught in the last hour...

i have a friend that saw six caught this morning..........
    BONEYARDBAITS THE BEST HALIBUT, ROCKFISH GRUBS ON THE PLANET....''06'' WORLD RECORD LINGCOD ''08'' HOMER HALIBUT DERBY WINNER''. BOTH FISH CAUGHT WITH BONEYARDBAIT GRUBS WWW.BONEYARDBAITS.COM

Thumbs up Must be getting better

Sounds like the run is on the uptick...

A co-worker was down there for the long weekend from May 20-26 and said it was totally dead. He claims there were few people fishing and no action that he could see.

He went out on the boat for halibut instead!

Anything caught by their mouth?
    If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction.
    Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Default Nothing for Fairbankians

Fished the Lagoon this past weekend on a trip from Fairbanks. Wife had a few bites but we only saw one fish brought in during high afternoon tides on Saturday, nothing on Sunday.

Default Blue lagoon

We checked this past Sunday.....dead, nada, zip, zero action. Will check again Thursday/Friday and will post here if there is any action.

When i last checked four kings for today........
    BONEYARDBAITS THE BEST HALIBUT, ROCKFISH GRUBS ON THE PLANET....''06'' WORLD RECORD LINGCOD ''08'' HOMER HALIBUT DERBY WINNER''. BOTH FISH CAUGHT WITH BONEYARDBAIT GRUBS WWW.BONEYARDBAITS.COM

Default Oh Yeah, Kings 7:40pm Friday

Not red hot but steady, watched several caught in the last hour. Actually, I say it was pretty good fishing. Stop at the Sportsman Supply (the little store right at the corner by the ramp) for update ---- they let me use their connection to send this favorable piece of news. Now, fifteen knots, high clouds, partly sunny....according to our marine weather station, tomorrow, Saturday, small craft warning into the day/afternoon/evening 25 knots six foot seas Kachemak Bay, improving Sunday. See you here.

Anybody got a picture or description of a rigging that has worked to catch kings in the lagoon. Not the one with the bobber on the end and the hook a few feet down so that you snag the fish. I want to know something to legitimately catch them.
    If you board the wrong train, it is no use running along the corridor in the other direction.
    Dietrich Bonhoeffer

I don't know about there, but back in Ontario we would use an egg sinker, barrel swivel, skein and a corky or floating Roe Bag.
    Just a regular old bait rig.
    --------------------ooo------------------------Bait
    <rod............. sinker Swivel

Lightbulb Innovative Technique

Never tried it, nor have I seen anyone applying this method, but I recall reading a bit of advice stating that a deadly technique for kings in the lagoon is to crawl a plastic squid along the bottom. Normally these lures are trolled -- often times with a herring bait. Maybe some other members can validate the use and effectiveness.

As for more common methods, Vibrax spinners, roe and herring all produce strikes in the lagoon.

the bobber snagging method is no longer legal.
    the new reg specifies that the hook must be at the end of the line.