Thread: "The Judge"

Default "The Judge"

Interested in anyone's experience with The Judge 410/45. Thanks

I've shot one but only with .410. Personally I didn't care for the grip but believe you can fix that. I didn't have the opportunity to test the accuracy of the .45 and can't comment further until I shoot it.

I think this gun would be great for dual purpose, especially for spruce hens, etc which is why I was interested in it. I was told you can hot load the .45 lc and use it for bear protection, but have since been told there are better choices out there if your looking for a bear gun.

Last thought: I've been told these guns have a tendacy to return for repairs. I'm not sure why or what the issues are with this gun, but I decided to hold off and do more research on them until I get my questions answered.

Quote Originally Posted by DaddyRabbit View Post
    Interested in anyone's experience with The Judge 410/45. Thanks
    You'll be happier in the long run with a decent slingshot! as is true of most things designed for dual purpose, they end up doing neither terribly well

I have yet to understand why everyone on here tends to hate this pistol when they are not using it for what it was designed for. The Judge was designed for close quarters personal defense against other people not bears and not shooting birds with.

Just my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by broncoformudv View Post
    I have yet to understand why everyone on here tends to hate this pistol when they are not using it for what it was designed for. The Judge was designed for close quarters personal defense against other people not bears and not shooting birds with.

Just my two cents.
    I don't think we hate it and I know I don't, but like you say its not intended for bear and birds and is a very poor pick for that application. For its intended use I think it would be a very good man stopper but a bit on the bulky and heavy side for concealed carry.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona

Go to box o truth . com there is a testing report there that may help you...it seems to me the Judge is very underwhelming...

Here is a link to save some looking.
    http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/bot41.htm

I never met a gun I did not like, but the Judge is more of a cool toy than a tool in my view. I would like to see a barrel offered for the Judge without rifling and threaded for choke tubes . . . that could make a good tool for hens from a sled I think. It would hold a pattern that way and with the choke out it would still be as good for its intended close up man stopping work as it is now.
    Andy
    On the web= C-lazy-F.co
    Email= Andy@C-lazy-F.co
    Call/Text 602-315-2406
    Phoenix Arizona