Thread: Someone shoot these bears for me :D

Default Someone shoot these bears for me :D

Yesterday I biked to the end of Eklutna Lake with my wife and at the end of the trail 12 miles back while taking a break we spotted two different black bear on the hill sides not a 1/2 mile from the trail and it would be a decent bow stalk to get up and into position on them. But since I had to come to the slope today I will not be able to go after these fellas until the fall so I figured I'd try to entice someone to peddle or ATV (depending on the day) back there to try to take one.

Good luck

Here are a few pics of them. Sorry for the blurriness the digital camera with only 5X zoom and 10X digital zoom leaves a little to be desired.

That was my friend and I who passed you on the quads as clouds rolled in and it started to rain. We got the one on the right.

I've been thinking about going up there after work, now I just might have to go try and find me a black bear. Does anyone know if you can carry a pistol just in case? I've seen some giant brown bears in there and would hate to surprise one.

Quote Originally Posted by Forestman View Post
    That was my friend and I who passed you on the quads as clouds rolled in and it started to rain. We got the one on the right.
    Well, Lanche, looks like Forest took care of one of 'em!!

Forestman, post some pics!!

Default to akhunter

Its ok to carry a pistol. This is Alaska. You may not fire it in the park, but are you really worried about that when a big brownie decides to bat you around a little? Shoot first and deal with bureacracy later.

Thanks willphish, I am not concerned about the bureacracy near as much as I am concerned about getting smacked down by a big brownie! Look like it's game on!!

Default bear

i believe bear season closed on may 31

You are correct, looks like I have to change my plans once again.

Default yep

Quote Originally Posted by palmerl2 View Post
    i believe bear season closed on may 31
    Eklutna is closed now, of course 5 days ago it wasn't when this thread was started.
    Lanche congrats on the bear viewing, forest congrats on the bear busting!