Thread: Red Fox

Default Red Fox

http://www.flickr.com/photos/3351136...n/photostream/

I found this guy searching for morsels along the road on the west side of the Anchorage International Airport. He was a great "model" as he was unperturbed by my presence. However a China Airways jet changed all that. The incredible noise the cargo plane made while landing and braking almost caused me to leap over my tripod. The fox lit out for calmer parts!
    Last edited by Tracey Harmon; 05-27-2009 at 23:28. Reason: I'm trying to get my photos on Flickr to show up.

Default I need help.......

Hey guys (and gals),

I am trying to post photos from Flickr rather than Photo Bucket. I am having lousy results. Any ideas?

Your pointers will be greatly appreciated,

Tracey

That's a pretty picture! Well Done!

As far as Flicker goes, couldn't tell ya ...I am familiar with Photobucket. Someone here should be able to help you out though.
    http://www.pbase.com/tull777

http://www.eddiefisherphoto.com/

"If you're too open-minded, your brains will fall out. ....."Tight Lines & Best Fishes"

Default flickr

Open your photostream. select one of your images. select the "all sizes" button above the photo. scroll down to the #2 option "Grab the photo's URL". Copy the url and paste it using the "insert Image" icon on this forum. The yellow one with the mountains and sun thingy?

This should work. Nice fox photo,

bruce
    There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.

Very nice photo of a fox.

Thanks for sharing.

Default What Bruce (Olga) Said...

Tracey -

It is not my flickr account, so I did it differently for you, by downloading and uploading.
    I prefer to show images Olga's way, then they are already in the body of the post -- not like this small attached thumbnail below...

Nice shot, in any event!
    Doc

Tracey Harmon's Foxy Shot:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Red Fox, Part II

Hey guys,

If all is well you are seeing another photo of "The Fox". That is only because Bruce sent me looking for an "insert image" icon (which does indeed look like a mountain with a yellow sun overhead) here in the AOD forums. Thank you Bruce.

It turns out I was not seeing that specific icon because I was using the Basic Editor in the Message Editor Interface, rather than a more advanced editor. For all of you who are still trying to use Flickr to display photos the map here at AOD is;

User Control Panel
    Miscellaneous Options
    Message Editor Interface
    Enhanced Interface

Thanks again for all the help guys,

Tracey

Default Hmm, You Sure . . .(that's not a pet?)

Quote Originally Posted by Tracey Harmon View Post

Hey guys,

If all is well you are seeing another photo of "The Fox". That is only because Bruce sent me looking for an "insert image" icon (which does indeed look like a mountain with a yellow sun overhead) here in the AOD forums. Thank you Bruce.

It turns out I was not seeing that specific icon because I was using the Basic Editor in the Message Editor Interface, rather than a more advanced editor. For all of you who are still trying to use Flickr to display photos the map here at AOD is;

User Control Panel
    Miscellaneous Options
    Message Editor Interface
    Enhanced Interface

Thanks again for all the help guys,

Tracey
    Happy you got it sorted out, Tracey!
    I happen to like the images that way as well -- in the body of the post, rather than the thumbnails...

Got to admit, I'm starting to wonder if this isn't a 'pet' fox!?!
    Another great shot!

Doc

Default Pets and Nuisances

Hey Doc,

Yes I sorted out how to post a photo in body (with help), but I may now become a nuisance by posting too often! I will try to keep it under control!

No it is not a pet Fox, though I did have one as a kid. I gave a buddy $3.00 for it after his Grand-Dad dug it out of it's den. It was a great pet. It would lay curled on the sofa with it's tail covering it's nose. As soon as my Father would enter the room my Fox would start growling. He knew Dad would swat him off the sofa. Dad would have a seat where the Fox had been laying, and read his paper. The Fox would take a seat on the floor and growl at Dad! It was great entertainment (I was a country kid. I had to look for entertainment where I could find it.).

Tracey

Default Pics Aren't A Nuisance!

Quote Originally Posted by Tracey Harmon View Post
    Hey Doc,

Yes I sorted out how to post a photo in body (with help), but I may now become a nuisance by posting too often! I will try to keep it under control!

No it is not a pet Fox, though I did have one as a kid. I gave a buddy $3.00 for it after his Grand-Dad dug it out of it's den. It was a great pet. It would lay curled on the sofa with it's tail covering it's nose. As soon as my Father would enter the room my Fox would start growling. He knew Dad would swat him off the sofa. Dad would have a seat where the Fox had been laying, and read his paper. The Fox would take a seat on the floor and growl at Dad! It was great entertainment (I was a country kid. I had to look for entertainment where I could find it.).

Tracey
    Pics aren't often a nuisance!
    I think the fox must sense your prior good karma, then, and pose for you!

I host images on photobucket... well I dump them into Picassa first, then photobucket.
    My SNAFU is the re-sizing PITA for the various forums...heck, now photobucket too! ARRGH!

I gotta sort it out... after my current mine field of more pressing issues, I guess!
    Post away!
    Doc