Thread: We clammed in...

Default We clammed in...

Ninilchik after spending Saturday clamming over Memorial day weekend. The wife and kids had a blast digging them up. I cleaned and fried some in butter and lemon juice and breaded some (my first time) and they didn't like the taste. Wife said they tatsted "clammy"
    I attempted some fishing in the river...nada.
    Sunday am wife suggested Homer to try the fishing hole after someone said there were kings coming in. Nada after a few hours and lunch.
    Left cold and windy Homer and started back north and stopped by Anchor river for pics and check out fishing. Didn't see any on the banks or anyone pulling any in.
    Left Anchor and stopped at Centennial park for the night. Cooked dinner, sucked down a few beers and kids played and fished off the bank with no luck.
    No fish but a great weekend.
    Thanks everyone for the previous advice.
    Hope the fishing picks up soon.

My wife is the same way.

Loves to dig them up, but will not touch them when cooked.

Glad you had fun. Hope to see you out and about some time this summer.
    Just a bitter Alaskan clinging to his guns and religion.....

Default Paths

We must have crossed paths somewhere. We clammed on Saturday in Ninilchik too and hit Centennial Park on Sunday night. Had a green 2009 Ford with a Cache Camper on the rear.

Lots of people there!!

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Smile clams....

We dug clams at Ninichik on Monday. The grandkids loved it. Something about reaching down in the hole and having a tug of war with a clam really excites them. The 5 year old grandson bite the head off of one of the immature sandlings, they look like an eel and are a couple of inches long. Then he ate the rest of it. Grossed out my daughter and his 7 year old sister. At least I know he won't go hungry if left on the beach! The 3 year old had a ball and liked playing with them. It was a fun day. Cleaning clams is the pits as far as I'm concerned. The lady we were going to pay to do it was sick. Clams are one of my favorite foods.

A few of the homer old timers went and said it was the best claming they have seen in a long time..... Glad you had fun
    BONEYARDBAITS THE BEST HALIBUT, ROCKFISH GRUBS ON THE PLANET....''06'' WORLD RECORD LINGCOD ''08'' HOMER HALIBUT DERBY WINNER''. BOTH FISH CAUGHT WITH BONEYARDBAIT GRUBS WWW.BONEYARDBAITS.COM

Quote Originally Posted by .338 mag. View Post
    We dug clams at Ninichik on Monday. The grandkids loved it. Something about reaching down in the hole and having a tug of war with a clam really excites them. The 5 year old grandson bite the head off of one of the immature sandlings, they look like an eel and are a couple of inches long. Then he ate the rest of it. Grossed out my daughter and his 7 year old sister. At least I know he won't go hungry if left on the beach! The 3 year old had a ball and liked playing with them. It was a fun day. Cleaning clams is the pits as far as I'm concerned. The lady we were going to pay to do it was sick. Clams are one of my favorite foods.

Quick sign that kid up for survivor or fear factor!!!!!!