Thread: Big Lake

Default Big Lake

My buddies and I are interested in fishing at Big Lake. But the lake is so large that we are kinda undecided about where to go on the lake or even what to fish with. Any ideas or information would be greatly appreciated......Thanks Everyone

Cowbells and a needle fish or some kind of trolling lure.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.

Default Lake maps

Before hitting any lake I look up the lake map on ADFG, see where the holes are. http://www.sf.adfg.state.ak.us/statewide/ The type of fish, last stocked and other useful info is listed there. Hope this helps a little.

Default big lake

Depends on what you want to catch. For rainbows I fish the North Shore side, trolling a wedding ring with a nightcrawler. I usually only do that with the kids, though.lots of action. I have had some success trolling a rainbow colored broken back rapala for char about a mile to the left from the south shore launch, and caught a nice burbot last year at this time with a herring on the bottom near rocky point(my first burbot here, not under the ice).read the regs on char limits specific to Big Lake. and it is a non-stocked lake, so only 2 rainbows.
    good luck and have fun