Thread: Homer Clamming May 29-30

Default Homer Clamming May 29-30

Hey all my wife and I are heading to Homer for a little anniversary trip (5 year). We thought clamming sounded like fun but after looking at some information we/I am not sure that there will be much going on while we are there. We will be in town May 29-30th (driving from/to Fairbanks on 28th/1st).

Does anyone have any information that might help us get on the clams while we are in Homer or is it just not going to be the right tide/time of year.

Thanks for your help.

Looks like there are some minus tides over the weekend. Not a major minus tide, but it will probably work for you.

You could always head up to Ninilchik for some clams if Homer does not work out.
    Just a bitter Alaskan clinging to his guns and religion.....

Bilder,

thanks for the reply. Where might be the best place to head in Homer and/or Ninilchik. We will have our own car so don't mind a little traveling, it just seemd that clamming would be fun to relativly new people to Alaska so whereever we can get on them is where we would go.

Thanks again for your help.

Clam Gulch works every time. Just look for a minus tide.

Default Ninilchik

Quote Originally Posted by jaeger33 View Post
    Bilder,

thanks for the reply. Where might be the best place to head in Homer and/or Ninilchik. We will have our own car so don't mind a little traveling, it just seemd that clamming would be fun to relativly new people to Alaska so whereever we can get on them is where we would go.

Thanks again for your help.

I answered a bunch of questions on clamming in this thread;

http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...ghlight=qkayak