Thread: Rex Trail

Default Rex Trail

Anybody been there? What can you tell me about it.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

have you not been there?

what would you like to know? it is part of my drive way?

go to my profile photo albums and see the muddy swampy mess from two weeks ago....
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

It was recommended as great trail riding so we were just seeing if anyone had been there if it's really a good place to go.

can you guide me to your album? I'm relatively new to this site - thanks

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by fourfish View Post
    It was recommended as great trail riding so we were just seeing if anyone had been there if it's really a good place to go.

depends on what you call good.

it has suffered heavy damage last year during the fall flood, tons of hunter activity, last summers ATV gang partys... it took us about 6 hours to go 14 miles or so. nearly 10 hours round trip. due to the water and muck.the ice is JUST starting to leave the ground this week. and the water is starting to settle. leaving the fine layer of dry over the 7 foot of bike eating muck.. i wont say don't go there. that is always a guys choice.. but if you do. try not to tear it up any more thanks....

here is a like to my pics http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...hp?albumid=677

i spent a good bit if time PUSHING that 350 yamawho.. with the Honda so she would have enough umph to get through the water..
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    depends on what you call good.

it has suffered heavy damage last year during the fall flood, tons of hunter activity, last summers ATV gang partys... it took us about 6 hours to go 14 miles or so. nearly 10 hours round trip. due to the water and muck.the ice is JUST starting to leave the ground this week. and the water is starting to settle. leaving the fine layer of dry over the 7 foot of bike eating muck.. i wont say don't go there. that is always a guys choice.. but if you do. try not to tear it up any more thanks....

here is a like to my pics http://forums.outdoorsdirectory.com/...hp?albumid=677

i spent a good bit if time PUSHING that 350 yamawho.. with the Honda so she would have enough umph to get through the water..
    I thought keeping us big guys out would fix everything.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

J, that has only been one year, it will take one heck of a long time to get that trail to dry out again , if ever. heck the 7 mile lake was flooded clean across it just with run off this year. we had fish in the trail for awhile.

i am not complaining, just that we all need to take the effort to not tear it up any worse then it is. we really had to hunt and pick our way thrugh some if it. in part the water is too deep yet or the holes have sank beyond clibing out of.

four fish i got a note says the link is not working. click on my userr name. and pick view user profile. and when you get to my profil. find the photo albums. weekend on the rex....

meet on face book here

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    J, that has only been one year, it will take one heck of a long time to get that trail to dry out again , if ever. heck the 7 mile lake was flooded clean across it just with run off this year. we had fish in the trail for awhile.

i am not complaining, just that we all need to take the effort to not tear it up any worse then it is. we really had to hunt and pick our way thrugh some if it. in part the water is too deep yet or the holes have sank beyond clibing out of.
    I don't believe that trail will ever be a decent trail for ATV's unless we get a couple dry years again. Until the bad spots are hardened or rerouted it will be a track rig trail. Its just built in to wet an area, they followed a straight line instead of following the contour of the land.

If the Rex was my driveway I'd build a couple 1500 lb. track rigs or buy a tracked argo. You know what they say "once you go track you'll never go back"
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming-----WOW-----what a ride!
    Unknown author

It won't let me in, here's the message I got. Thanks for all your tips etc., we'll stay clear from that trail.

Invalid Album specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

It's always been a muddy mess every time I have been down it. It's not for the pleasure rider but if you want to test your equipment go there.

Default here are some pics in my AOD albums

meet on face book here

dang with pics like that I can see water grim and tjm dragging their boats up there! What a mess that trail has become. Would be nice if they would allow a few guys with a small doxer and an excavator to go in and push a trail back at a hight elevation along the mountains. Or god forbid put down gravel to raise the trail bed in the swampy areas...