Thread: spring draw question

Default spring draw question

on the kodiak island bear draw, bottom of page 2, "exclusive guide areas" -
    whats up with that? no one else can hunt that property? even if it is state or federal property? Would you have to have a guide to hunt that area then? for a alaska resident.
    where/how do you find out "guide" areas?

thanks

Default right side of page 2

It is explained on the right side of page 2. Only affects you if you are hunting guided.

It is a confusing statement that will set off tempers when first read. I think they should reword it next time around.

Default thanks

for your help - but i am still trying to understand this completely. Left side only for residents- do I need to concern myself with guide areas? a lot of the explanations seem nonresident orientated-

Default Exclusive guide areas

If you are putting in for the resident draws ( 200 series) you DO NOT need to worry about whose guide area it is.

If you are a non resident then you put in for the right side numbers and if you are putting in for a non resident draw you need to see if it is in a exclusive guide area then if you are drawn you either have to hunt with that guide or your next of kin.

If you are a resident apply for the permits on the left side and ignore the exclusive guide comment.