Thread: Fishing Klawock/Craig this summer.

1250 miles S/O paradise in the lwr 48 dreaming of SE AK

Default Fishing Klawock/Craig this summer.

I have a trip planned for a couple weeks to Klawock/Craig area in July I am hauling my boat up to fish with 3 other guys. We are going to be camping at a Forest Service campground with no power. We are going to need freezer storage for our fish. This is one of our last details to work out. I have only found one place that will store our fish for 2 weeks they want .50 cents a pound. This sounds really high to me is it? We plan to vac & clean our own fish so this is just storage.

Mike

Default freezer

did you check noyes Island sea foods? or call the harbor master they have a big freezer at the fule dock.

Quote Originally Posted by bentfin View Post
    did you check noyes Island sea foods? or call the harbor master they have a big freezer at the fule dock.
    No I havn't but I will thanks for the info. I am guessing that will be the Craig Harbor Master?

Mike

I have struck out so far the fuel dock was a great leed but they will have the freezer down in the middle of our trip. I have tried to contact Noyes 2 times but no answer on the phone and I can't find a web site for them.

Any other ideas?

Thanks Mike

I sent you a pm.

you may try too call the lodges(silver seas,sure strike ,shelter cove, catch a king,fireweed(klawock),king fisher lodge) and see about hireing there cutters. they will cut vackpack freeze and box your fish. they will ship it or send it over to the airport for you. they do a great job

there's a kid on the dock in front of roothans on the small dock( he also ownes a glass contractor busness) that cuts fish for hire he does it all