Thread: Big Lake trolling tips?

Default Big Lake trolling tips?

was going to take out the "Fin" (my 14' boat) to big lake this weekend for its annual checkup, but was wanting to try and do some trolling or mooching for trout, char and maybe even pike...anyone got any advice to give out? planning to do catch and release only.

Funny you mention getting the boat tuned in.....My family and I got the motors tuned in on Big Lake too. I managed to get to the spot that I usually troll and forgot my fly boxes! Maybe you can pick up where I left off. I usually start with a olive bead-headed wooly bugger with weighted fly line. This usually always works. Do this in the late evening when the light is dimming down a bit. good luck.

i guess i could try that, though i was thinkin more in the way of trollin rapalas or wedding ring setups with or without bait, with a deep diver or pink lady....thanks for the tip though

I like rapalas and shad raps pulled as slow as you can go. We get nice trout just about every time we go. Good Luck!

what size cannonball weights you guys typically use for lake trolling? and what size/type diver? im interested in trying to get into trolling myself, and could use a point in the right direction. ty
    sevenmag

Use needlefish, krockodiles, some leaded line, you'll kill the rainbows. Maybe jig off the bottom and you'll get some burbot.
    "Ya can't stop a bad guy with a middle finger and a bag of quarters!!!!"- Ted Nugent.